Bottle Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneills

Reaction score
I have bottles of homebrew everywhere and would like to label them so i know what each bottle has in it. What type of labels do you guys use and where do you get them from and how do you stick them to your bottles? Is an Avery type label that can be printed out on your home computor?

I have got a kegging setup arriving this week so hopefully after a while i wont need so many bottles hanging around.

I just use a Posca paint pen to mark the batch number on the cap. Seems to work quite well - and doesn't use the super-expensive labels from a labelmaker or similar. The labelmakers are cheap but the rolls are $$$.

Otherwise i would be printing on the printer, but you'd have to waterproof them somehow to stop the ink/toner running onto your hands. The little avery sheets with lots of stickers ( i think they are address labels) might work ok and you could put batch number,style, alc vol etc. onto them as they are about 5x3 cm.

oneils here ya go

look up label wizard free evaluation and download it you can make some nice basic labels and it is all done using paint i will re apply to this threads with the progrmme for ya

delboy :D

View attachment lbwiz124.zip

Try going here Brewtopia

They have a good on-line label generator.

Otherwise, any of the publishing programs (including word) and avery labels are the way to go.

I print using avery softare, but only onto standar paper (not stickers). Then I uhu glue stick the label on. this way it washes off when you rinse the bottle.

Unfortunately, my graphical artistry lets me down. :(

M

I used tha avery printer labels on my first couple of batches and then realised what a pain in the ass they are when washing/sanitising as they are hard to get off and foul up your water with little bits of paper pulp.

I now just use a black sharpie type of marker and write on the cap.
Style and bottling date.

eg. CP 6/2/06 = Chocolate Porter bottled 6th feb this year

As long as I know what the letters denote is all that matters.

Rich

Small dot stickers on the cap, write type & bottling date the same as Rich

Can get them at any newsagents

Cheers

I use Avery J8651 address labels

I print a three letter acronym X 4 on each label and then cut them into four
and stick them on the top of the bottles
I use grolsh bottles

coopers pale ale -- CPA , this fits quite well
old speckly hen -- OSH etc

I do similar to Mandrakar, but make up the labels on Brewtopia, then do a screen dump paste into a mspaint.exe cut out the bit I want, and insert into word document.

Normally get about 5 labels to an A4 page. Then I use a glue stik, thru trial and error found that "BluStik" works better than a standard Glustik.

No idea why, but it does, if anyway knows probably best keeping it to yourself, as it will spoil it for me.

Edit. Spell I can't........Fix it I did............

Cheers
Brownie

Avery labels, 33 to a sheet because OfficeWorks didn't have the 45/sheet ones.

I never remove bottle labels, i only ever clean and sanitise the inside of the bottle.

I admit I didn't read all the posts, but milk is a great way to temporarily attach labels to a bottle. I usually just mark the lid with something I can remember.

cheers
Darren

from years gone by.carnation tinned milk concentrate will stick #hit to teflon.

cheers
big d

I've given up on labels :eek:

at least until I start brewing again. 4 months in the wilderness and this native is getting restless :angry:

big d said:
from years gone by.carnation tinned milk concentrate will stick #hit to teflon.

cheers
big d
[post="113017"][/post]​

Casein works wonders.

Thanks Guys,

I have tried the Label Wizard from the link by Deldoy - this is good.
I also like the white dot on the lid idea as its easy and quick, plus i've got a few boxes of them somewhere.

Once again thank you for your replies

Ok
glad to be of assistance with label wizzard.

i do the dot thing as well

i use coloured dots in a similar colour to coopers labeling

RED=ALES. GREEN=PALE ALES. YELLOW=STOUTS. BLUE=LIGHTSand EXPERIMENTALS. ORANGE=MILDS,DARKS and PORTERS.

AND THEN I ALSO use an acronim as well eg: 4.7 PA 0106

4.7=ALC, PA=PALE ALE, 0106=JAN2006

I THEN MAY MAKE A LABEL UP AND STICK IT ON A BOTTEL OR TWO JUST FOR A BIT OF BULL$HIT AND SAVE THE LABEL DESIGN FOR NEXT BATCH .
STICK LABEL ON WITH UHU OFFICE STICK (WASHES OF IN WATER)

just a bit of bullderdash but good clean fun

DELBOY ;)

RED=ALES. GREEN=PALE ALES. YELLOW=STOUTS. BLUE=LIGHTSand EXPERIMENTALS. ORANGE=MILDS

isn't that Coopers colour schemes Delboy? :)

Back