Bottle Fermentation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppinmad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bulk primed and bottled some Pale Ale about four days ago and was a little silly in that I left the bottles in the garage. I went in there today and it was like 40 degrees or more (and probably has been for 2 days) and I am wondering if the beer will be stuffed now.

Have moved it into a big esky with some freezer blocks and brought into the house now, but is it too late?

The secondary fermentation to carbonate in the bottle will only contribute a little to the taste (as I understand it anyway) due to such a small amount of sugar actually fermenting.

Best to keep the bottle around the same temps used to primary ferment it, but this may be overkill for the reason above.

Also don't put the bottles anywhere too cold once bottled as the yeast needs to work. My brother put his first batch into the fridge straight away and wondered why they didn't carb up...

Glad to hear it worked out :icon_cheers:

You're lucky! My last wheat batch tasted great 5-6 days after bottling. A couple of days later, the 4 day heat-wave hit, & now I have 2 cartons of banana vinigar to fertilize the lawn with. :(

Latest posts

Back