Boring Friends With Homebrew Talk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFL! :lol:

BribieG you know you cab still be charged with DD on a pushie? :(

Chappo
Do you know if this affects your licence at all? I've always wondered but never found out, same with any transport I understand... skateboard, scooter etc

ROFL! :lol:

BribieG you know you cab still be charged with DD on a pushie? :(

Chappo

There was a case in Queensland about 4 months ago when it was deemed that the cyclist shouldn't lose his car licence because he wasn't driving a motorised vehicle, so apparently this is now a precedent. I'm not sure if he still got fined or not.

I wonder if you can get fined for running when pissed? That's probably as dangerous as bike riding.

Or ride-on mowers? :ph34r:

We've drifted a little off topic here! About a year ago I had an epiphany regarding talking about brewing to non-connoiseurs... don't insist that everyone should care about beer and brewing, keep answers to beer questions short and simple and use humorous analogies (I'm stealing that baby-making one!).

Or ride-on mowers? :ph34r:

We've drifted a little off topic here! About a year ago I had an epiphany regarding talking about brewing to non-connoiseurs... don't insist that everyone should care about beer and brewing, keep answers to beer questions short and simple and use humorous analogies (I'm stealing that baby-making one!).

better remind everyone to nail everything down before you arrive at the next swap then :p

In Amsterdam you can drink, talk to people about beer and pedal at the same time. However I don't know if the person doing the steering is allowed to drink.

beerbike.jpg
beerbike2.jpg

My mates often like to sample my wares on a hot arvo.....so... when I have a captive audience I can just go on and on, til the respective SHMBO/taxi arrives!

As I tell them... no pain, no gain

Growler

unfortunately i'll taKE THE question seriously (despite thelarge number of beers consumed in the company of maple at mrs parmas this arvo - incl about 2brothers 'chief' beers)... If you look at your states respective road laws it will state what sort of vehiclkes are deemed vehicles and that thus which ones are under state road laws. for eg, wheelchairs and motorised wheelchairs dont need road worthyy in Vic, but if you drive a motorised vehilcle/wheelchair on a street you'll get pinged for being pissed (if your pissed). cause ur on a road. therews lots of weird ins and outs. it all depends.

I've got a mate who doesn't drink.
Its not for any religeous or medical reason - he just chooses not to.

Anyway, if you think any of your friends got bored...I nearly killed this guy just answering HIS question.
(admittedly, the question was a biggie: "how do you actually make beer")

He got the 'glass-eye' so fast I thought he'd had a stroke.
Then he tried to make it better by saying that it might have been interesting if he'd been drinking all day.

I think some people ask, just to test whether we've actually made the beer - but have no interest beyond that.

Brew talk is one thing, but I get the feeling I have this horrible tendency of be the effing know-all about anything to do with beer. "Well actually, that Cascade Pale you're drinking is a lager" etc.
Sounds familiar to me.

I even get the odd phone call from one of my mates when he's posed a question about beer, and he rings the "beer master" (ie me) to get an answers he seeks.
Hard to avoid getting roped into beer conversations when people are generally very ill-informed in, and there's a part of me that can't help but want to educate these people on the subject.
Makes it a whole deal harder when you're the bloke sitting there with an esky full of unlabeled longies, drinking exotic looking concoctions from fancy glassware. I must enjoy the attention... :icon_cheers:

My sessions with the Big Burper (3 blocks away) usually end when he is paralytic and I can only just crawl to the end of his driveway and get onto my pushbike.
Just watch out for the filth, Bribie. You can still be done for drink driving on a pushie.
I just looked up the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act, and the regulations on bicycles, and it appears that you are correct... The case you refer to above must have been some stupid copper charging under the wrong section. Anyway, obey the road rules and if at night, comply with the night rules (lights etc), and it looks like you're fine.
Maybe I should start using the RSL courtesy bus :p (bus to RSL, play pokies for 3 minutes, bus to BBs, drink, bus to RSL, play pokies for 3 minutes, bus home). This could work but I'd have to factor in pee stops as well :blink:
I have a friend that using this method (and multiple leagues clubs/RSLs) can get from Mooloolaba to his place in Buderim for the cost of a beer at each stop.

Latest posts

Back