Bluetongue Slinks Into Central Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuahardie

Beer, so much more than a breakfast drink
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5013110,00.html

Pacific Beverages has announced it will build its new Bluetongue brewery at Warnervale.

The company, a joint venture between Coca-Cola Amatil and SABMiller, bought the Hunter-based beer producer from majority shareholder John Singleton last December.

Premier Morris Iemma said Warnervale had been chosen as the location for the new brewery because of its proximity to Sydney, which is Australia's largest beer market.

Warnervale was chosen despite heavy competition from potential sites in Victoria and Queensland, Mr Iemma said.

The new brewery will enable the company to increase production of its premium brands, particularly the Bluetongue brand, which was developed locally in the Hunter.

Pacific Beverages chairman Terry Davis said the brewery would become a significant tourist attraction in its own right and would enhance the Hunter Valley region's reputation as the home of fine food and beverages.

We have found a great site for the new Bluetongue brewery, located close to the F3 motorway on the Central Coast and the gateway to the thriving Hunter region, Mr Davis said.

Our aim is not only to build a great facility which will brew premium beer brands for the Australian and overseas markets, but we also aim to deliver world's best practice in water and energy efficiencies.

The brewery is expected to be completed in 2010.

I love the following statement:

"the brewery would become a significant tourist attraction in its own right "

Even though I dont like their beers, except for Hunter old (I think they make it)
I will be applying for a job there hopefully.
Warnervale is only 5 mins from my house.
Sure beats the 90 min drive I do each way to Sydney every day.

Shouldn't that read 'Bluetongue skinks into the Central Coast'?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5013110,00.html

Pacific Beverages has announced it will build its new Bluetongue brewery at Warnervale.

The company, a joint venture between Coca-Cola Amatil and SABMiller, bought the Hunter-based beer producer from majority shareholder John Singleton last December.

Premier Morris Iemma said Warnervale had been chosen as the location for the new brewery because of its proximity to Sydney, which is Australia's largest beer market.

Warnervale was chosen despite heavy competition from potential sites in Victoria and Queensland, Mr Iemma said.

The new brewery will enable the company to increase production of its premium brands, particularly the Bluetongue brand, which was developed locally in the Hunter.

Pacific Beverages chairman Terry Davis said the brewery would become a significant tourist attraction in its own right and would enhance the Hunter Valley region's reputation as the home of fine food and beverages.

We have found a great site for the new Bluetongue brewery, located close to the F3 motorway on the Central Coast and the gateway to the thriving Hunter region, Mr Davis said.

Our aim is not only to build a great facility which will brew premium beer brands for the Australian and overseas markets, but we also aim to deliver world's best practice in water and energy efficiencies.

The brewery is expected to be completed in 2010.

Bugger mate, sorry to hear hahahaha.

So what will be your killer trademark beer?style?

Even though I dont like their beers, except for Hunter old (I think they make it)
I will be applying for a job there hopefully.
Warnervale is only 5 mins from my house.
Sure beats the 90 min drive I do each way to Sydney every day.

Maybe I'll see you at the interviews Punter.. :D

So if I want'a'ale in Wanavale I'll go and see punter from the Hunter?

I stumbled across the preliminary planning assessment for the brewery today on the NSW Planning dept website. Fascinating reading, in particular there is a site layout (the actual brewery is a tiny part of the site) and a large process flow diagram showing all parts of the brewery. Here is the link to the doc:

http://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/asp/pdf/08_..._prelimasst.pdf

Well spotted. By the looks there will be an awful lot of bluetongue beer on the market in a couple of years

From what i hear Coke Cola want to the 3rd top player in Australian megaswill and this new bluetongue brewery is a big part of that plan.

The brewery schematic, which looks like an off-the-shelf production, indicated that the brewery will produce 1 million hectolitres a year. That's just a little bit of beer for NSW. I assume they'll distribute nationally and internationally from that plant.

I read somewhere that pacific beverages also plan to push bud and miller and american shite of that nature a lot harder over here... no doubt the sheep will buy into it. I already know guys who spend an exorbitant amount on cases of bud because they see guys on tv drinking it and think it must be cool.

I read somewhere that pacific beverages also plan to push bud and miller and american ##### of that nature a lot harder over here... no doubt the sheep will buy into it. I already know guys who spend an exorbitant amount on cases of bud because they see guys on tv drinking it and think it must be cool.
Excellent.

The concept of BUL Budweiser (Butt-wiper) is quite thrilling.

How can they possibly make it taste worse, or lose more flavour?
Hmmm... :unsure:

Latest posts

Back