Bloody RATS!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifteenbeerslater

Reaction score
The rats are out and thirsty.
I have a five line keg system going thru a chiller to a flooded font, no problems for years.
In a matter of two days rats have chewed thru all beer lines-the shed bar floor is flooded and the kegs empty.
Three of the lines have been chewed in more than three places.
The traps are out but no luck so far, currently drinking beer from an old keg fridge.
The rats have won for the time being.
Thinking about covering new beer lines in steel mesh or similar-any ideas!
Cheers
Beer Line RAT.jpg

At least they are easier to catch drunk right?

Edit: but my sympathies, 5 kegs to lose =(

As TidalPete suggested electrical conduit ,you can get elbows that have a long curve , makes it easier for sparkies to chase cables.
Maybe a few of these with the joints siliconed together so they can be pulled apart easily for whatever reason.
All that beer gone! ******* rats.

Wax blocks= super effective! My experience.

They chewed through my plastic bottle yeast cultures. Lost my 6 unused Pacman starters. Not fair...

You need a couple of miniature schnauzers mate, they're brilliant at getting rid of rats, mice and stray cats. Haven't had a problem with any of the mentioned vermin since mine took up residence with me. Also keep the birds out of my tomatoes.

I wouldn't use electrical conduit but the stuff u use in car electrics. It's black and can be easily put on and would fit ur beer lines easily. Don't know what it's called tho. I used it for my bike electrics.

Back