Bloody Adelaide Wheather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having the same sort of fun here in QLD.
Temps haven't let up since I started brewing again after Fathers Day- some of my earlier brews were hitting 25 indoors :(
Didn't care too much as they were just kit brews, but am brewing a Witbier style thing now and really struggling to keep it cool.
Sitting the fermenter in the bath, wrapped in wet towels (re-applying water as frequently as I am able) has kept temps to about 20C which is better than nothing I spose.

Hey guys

My computer crashed so i had to go to a mates house to check in.

temp is fine at the moment about 18-22 range. i swirled the fermenter around the other day but it has really changed alot so i think that it may have finished fermenting. finally got off my ass and bought a new hydrometer so i will measure the sg today and tomorrow and if they are steady i will bottle. The other toucan's that i have done usually finish pretty quick and i have never used the hydrometer just bottled a week from when i put the brew down.

We have a few good days here in Adelaide temp wise coming up so im going m going to try and start 2 brews on sun or mon i wont really have to worry about the temp until Thursday and im holidays from today so it makes it alot easier to keep an eye on things.

Back