Blichmann Hop Rocket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 120g is split between two kegs as I do double batches. But yeah.... I have been uping the dry hops latley to get a big hop hit.

This next batch will be 3g dry hop per liter.

Gav and I should get ours next week, apparently he sold 33 units last week so waiting for next order to come in.
I have gone all cam locks so I am going kettle to rocket via camlock through chiller and back into kettle wirlpool for 5 min to 0 hop additions then empty and add fresh flowers into rocket for transfer into fermenter.
My plan is to use it every brew for a bit of a inline filter less shit going through my chiller.
Cheers Sav

sav said:
Gav and I should get ours next week, apparently he sold 33 units last week so waiting for next order to come in.
I have gone all cam locks so I am going kettle to rocket via camlock through chiller and back into kettle wirlpool for 5 min to 0 hop additions then empty and add fresh flowers into rocket for transfer into fermenter.
My plan is to use it every brew for a bit of a inline filter less shit going through my chiller.
Cheers Sav
They were out of stock when I wanted one as well, I ended up finding them at Brewers Choice - Enoggera. They matched the price and I was very pleased with the service I received from them. Just another option for you Sav.

Cheers batz I will check it out
Sav

sav said:
Cheers Sav
I have made a whirlpool type return that will simply hang over the side of my BM, next brew I'm planning a chiller back to kettle trial as well.

Batz

I'm in the game.

Just splashed out for the Blichmann Hop Rocket and Therminator.

I'ma BIAB'er, the chilling and hop backing is all very new to me but I'm very keen to give it all a go.

Kind of sucks that we're so limited to hop flower choices here though :mellow:

Crying rivers of joy :)

image.jpg

Yob said:
Good book that, just finished it a month ago..

Been listening to Imperial IPA on the Brewing with style on the BN which isnt a bad listen.

Currently reading For the love of Hops which is also a good read.

:)

Wish there was a more local distributor for this gear B)
I'm reading the IPA book right now, too. I'm finding the start a little tedious - looking forward to getting into more current day shiznit.

Let me know how you get on Spiesy! I am off to the states in Feb. Getting a Therminator + Hop Rocket + In-line thermometer. (Not packing any clothes!)

syl said:
Let me know how you get on Spiesy! I am off to the states in Feb. Getting a Therminator + Hop Rocket + In-line thermometer. (Not packing any clothes!)
I'm off in Jan. Might add the in-line thermometer to my setup whilst there. Local bloke doesn't seem to stock it.

BTW: local prices were pretty decent on the hop rocket and therminator for me. Quick service/supply and much better shipping prices (if you were to ship from o/s).
*no affiliation

hey all - read through this thread and I'm def about to buy one of these when fullpint are stocking them again. I was wondering, for those who have them - are you still using them now after this long???

Cheers,
Simo

SimoB said:
hey all - read through this thread and I'm def about to buy one of these when fullpint are stocking them again. I was wondering, for those who have them - are you still using them now after this long???

Cheers,
Simo
I don't use mine often. Probably because I don't want to be restricted to only using the few hop varieties that are available in cones. The other reason is probably it it a bit fiddly cleaning and sanitisation all the extra components (hoses, pumps, plate chiller), as I normally just use an immersion chiller. That said I am a little excited as I plan to use it next week with some NZ cascade (25g), Victoria Secret (25g), Nelson Sauvin (15g) and Galaxy (15g) cones. I used it as randall once (used way too much cascade) and the smell reminded my wife of dishwashing detergent (I have to agree). It was way to intense and not pleasant.

Yeah, I was a bit concerned about the limited amount of flowers available. That is a bit balls to be honest.

Just pack some SS scrubbers @ the filter bit and wrap some pellets up in muslin cloth, or pack the cones in first then wrapped pellets, works fine for me. I've wondered whether plugs would work as you can get them for foreign grown hops.

Latest posts

Back