Blichmann Hop Rocket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if its a randle wouldnt you rather make one from a clear filter housing so you can see the hops?

although i do agree very nice piece of kit, pretty decent price too.

if its a randle wouldnt you rather make one from a clear filter housing so you can see the hops?

What?! Plastic over SS bling?!.. thats crazy talk. Have you lost your mind man? :p

Randall450.jpg
:kooi:

What?! Plastic over SS bling?!.. thats crazy talk. Have you lost your mind man? :p

oh no ! don't mention the plastic, I did but I think I got away with it..

nice bit of gear, you're right, it wouldn't be too hard to build one.

cheers

oh no ! don't mention the plastic, I did but I think I got away with it..

nice bit of gear, you're right, it wouldn't be too hard to build one.

cheers

I've thought about building one out of a stainless coffee plunger pot, easy as and the filter comes with it !

Batz

Fents - you got a cost or DIY info on that one? It doesn't look like the usual filter conversion .. or is it?

I pretty interested getting a randall together - pity we can't buy the cheap yank flower hops

I've got two that I've built on water canister housings as per the piccies in this topic.
However over time being used as both hopbacks and randals the plastic has started to discolor and has become scratched.
I love the look of the HopRocket mainly because of the materials used and also the 1/2" fittings.

Doc

Yeah, nice bit of kit that......and with my missus heading to the US in February to visit her mum........hmmmmmmm

Mine is here and I hope to put a brew through it next week. First impression is that its well made, well thought out and sexy as all get out.
Couldnt buy the parts to make one of this quality for the price.

MHB

Giving mine a run tonight...

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

Should be interesting to see the results

AM I right in thinking cant be used with pellets?

I can't see any reason why it can't.

This is an interesting piece of kit, one that I have my eyes on for my setup, so I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see it work!

Just a hop back. Not sure how it would go as a Randall to be honest... you'd probably be better served buying a filter housing

Just a hop back. Not sure how it would go as a Randall to be honest... you'd probably be better served buying a filter housing
If you get tempted to try it as a randall let us know how it goes schooey - hope the hop back aroma goes well.

Theover - when you've used the the rocket with pellets has it been as a hop back or randall?

IMG_0028.JPG

Flowers didn't expand as much as I thought they would... overall, very good result; wort smells awesome!

Have a look at this video, very informative. Explains how to use it as a Randall and hop back. Blichmann reckons you shouldn't use them with pellet hops, but I think it should be fine if you use a hop sock like Theover mentioned. You're also meant to turn the hop rocket upside down (so it can stand by itself and you can read the writing on the sticker) as this purges any air out when filling.

EDIT: spelling

Latest posts

Back