Blichmann BrewEasy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The control/pump/chiller stand is very neat!

Hammo will cheeky peak be getting this in? And have you had confirmation that a Australian version is being produced? Love doing fist pumps first thing in the morning.
Cheers Jameson

Looks like fun. Getting the grains out after the mash might be a little tricky if you're short, especially if you were using the 20 gallon kettles.

i like the look of it! sorta looks like this : :beerbang: :kooi:

1375855_10152068559911834_975512855_n.jpg

jameson said:
Hammo will cheeky peak be getting this in? And have you had confirmation that a Australian version is being produced? Love doing fist pumps first thing in the morning.
Cheers Jameson
Start fist pumping mate! This thing is a work of art.!!
The brew easy stand is about 6 weeks away, then it will be approx 4 weeks after that for delivery. We won't worry about the 5 gal version, will just go for the 10 and 20.
It just uses the tower of power module which they have an Australian version.
Cheers!

Hey Fents.
Is that one of Jonos finished products or is it still the prototype?
Is a wicked looking bit if kit, very well made!

Bam only looking the tower of power controller module and a new mash tun. This time gives me time to rethink if I set up like there's or Hermes coil the hlt. Thinking heating the wort in the hlt would give faster temp rises rather than heat transfer through a Hermes coil.
Awesome stuff double fist pumps
Cheers Jameson

Hammo7,
I note they're claiming fairly mediocre efficiency- high 60's to low 70's, but I dare say that this is without sparge.
Can you confirm?
MB

Hammo7 said:
Hey Fents.
Is that one of Jonos finished products or is it still the prototype?
Is a wicked looking bit if kit, very well made!
Hi Mate, yep sure is Jono's! (well mine, but you cant half tell jono built it eh :D )

Very well made indeed! I was the first to order one, so i know he made one prototype before mine for himself but he changed a fair bit of stuff on mine. Its so EASY to brew on. Controller has auto mode's where you can input specific mash regimes or you can just use manual mode.

Masters im only getting 65-68% eff on the above but you are right that is with no sparge, with a sparge it would sky rocket but grain is CHEAP and i like the extra time i save on no sparge.

You might want to give Jono the heads up Blichman are applying for a patent ... ahh it was posted here on AHB first anyway like most the good shit

North America certainly is coming up with innovative idea's for the home brew enthusiast. Similar, but not the same, idea here:
http://brewha.co
On sale for US$3060
( but cheaper than my williamswarn purchase!!)

Top read guys. Cheers. I'm looking to upgrade to fill a 50l keg minimum each batch run. So will need to double everything. At the moment I'm on a single biab 40l urn. Which has been great but time to step it up. Blichmann is going to kill me dosh wise, but would love some of their gear. HERMS looks to be my way forward.

Cheers guys.

Spiesy said:
Does the Blichmann have US gas connections?
Yeah the blichman uses a gas burner with controlled solenoid, though they are going to release and electric model.

MB

Latest posts

Back