Black Rock Malt Extract Light

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo

Reaction score
I am brewing a recipe pack from Brewcraft (Fat Yak) and the pack contains a can of Malt extract instead of dry malt. The can says that it is 'light'.
Does this refer to light alcohol volume, and if so, can I add some dextrose to bring it up to a 5% full strength beer.

how much is there?? light is the colour of the malt, the main 2 are light and dark malt extract, It will produce less alcohol % then all dextrose. It hard to work out without the weights and stuff

how much is there?? light is the colour of the malt, the main 2 are light and dark malt extract, It will produce less alcohol % then all dextrose. It hard to work out without the weights and stuff

It is a 1.5kg can of pale ale and a 1.5kg can of malt extract.

I don't want a rocket fuel and I also don't want to compromise the taste of the brew with the dextrose, but I don't want a 2% beer either. It also comes with hops which I boil up.

ok with 1.7kg can hopped extract and 1.5kg unhopped light malt its about 5% in the bottle or 4.5% kegged. so you will be right

Latest posts

Back