Black Rock Lager - Hop Selection

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy78

Reaction score
Hi all

Just after some advice, I intend to put down a Black Rock Lager with a Safale yeast. I'm trying to figure out a good hop combination. I like hoppy beers, Squires 150 Lashes is my megaswill choice..

I have the following hops:
Nelson Sauvin
Saaz
Tettnanger
Cluster
Sorachi.

I definitely want to use the Nelson, what do you all think from the above will go nicely with it.

Cheers

Jim

Only one of the selection of hops would be my choice, I'm learning hop flavours as to every brewer to new things.
What else to the can? That brew is heavy body so you could get away with 1kg dextrose or all malt for more body and smooth mouthfeel. Boil the dextrose/malts in 3lt water then turn off the heat and throw in the Hops. (like Tea) Let sit and chill and mix into the whole brew.

Of what you listed I'd with Cluster.

Hey Jimmy78, if you like 150 lashes, I would use the nelson only, late & dry hop. Are you talking US-05 yeast. if you can, drop the dex/ malto and raise the ldme to 1kg. the addition of 250g of carapils will greatly improve your beer.

have fun. cheers

Latest posts

Back