Biggest Biab Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking at those tie-tags on the bags, is that a Gryphon bag from WA? if so then that's incredible, I didn't think they were that strong, mine should last forever with my grain bills!

After seeing that, I'm thinking I need one too.

My gryphon bag is looking a little shagged after 25 brews :D

It's seeing pictures like that that makes me feel much better and less guilty about building my own elaborate & over-the-top brewing contraptions :D

View attachment 39183 View attachment 39184

Regularly do triple batches with 15kg's (or more)of grain.
Have had to build a stainless cage to support the bag.
Probably defeats the purpose of keeping things simple but it works fine for me.
F..rk, 15 kgs. Looks like one of mine, never expected them to be doing 15 kgs :eek: I have seen the stitching stretch but havent seen one let go yet.
GB

Oh jeeze, i can get them for 16$/4 pack at my local, even after 4 of the horrible things i can feel my eyes warm over...
Even after 4? 4 of those is equivalent to drinking 10 bottles of Becs in terms of alcohol consumed.

F..rk, 15 kgs. Looks like one of mine, never expected them to be doing 15 kgs :eek: I have seen the stitching stretch but havent seen one let go yet.
GB

:icon_offtopic: but while you are online, GB, I'm getting a second urn next couple of weeks, so I can do double barreled brewdays and will get a second bag as well, so trust you have them in stock. Also is the Proculture Wood Ale still going?
Cheers

:icon_offtopic: but while you are online, GB, I'm getting a second urn next couple of weeks, so I can do double barreled brewdays and will get a second bag as well, so trust you have them in stock. Also is the Proculture Wood Ale still going?
Cheers
Bribie
Mate we have both in stock, bags and Pro-103 Wood Ale "Yorkshire Yeast". I must get back to brewing in the next week, no beer in the kegs, that's unheard of for me. :unsure:
GB

Bribie
Mate we have both in stock, bags and Pro-103 Wood Ale "Yorkshire Yeast". I must get back to brewing in the next week, no beer in the kegs, that's unheard of for me. :unsure:
GB
:icon_offtopic: BribieG sends jeans to laundry :icon_cheers:

Cage has a mesh base and a supporting ring so there is virtually no weight on the bag ties at all. Will take a couple of shots of the cage tonight and post.
Yes GB its one of yours, I have done a heap of brews threw that bag with no sign of it wearing out at all.

77 ltr finished batches with 15kg of grain don't leave you much free board after mash in though :rolleyes:

Back