Big W 19L Pot out of stock?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukencode

Reaction score
Looks like these pots are no longer being stocked, I have not been able to find one in a couple of locations. Whats the next best alternative for a cheap 20ish litre stainless pot?

I only bought one a couple of weeks ago so that seems ods

Maybe just in QLD? I checked with someone in store - they said they were out of stock and not planning on ordering more.

I got one yesterday, but in NSW. If they are going to stop stocking them I might shoot down and grab the other 2 on the shelf. Postage would be a killer if sending them to other brewers, though.

When you think about it, how many general households require a 19L stockpot lol

We home brewers have probably kept it going!

That said, I saw like 30 in my local BigW about 3 weeks ago..

Don't bother asking anybody anything at big w. They're never planning on ordering anything. They're just happy to be sent shit to put on the shelves.

Last time I looked - 2 weeks ago - the 19L pots were not available for order on the website. Didn't see any in stock at QV Melb either. Seems to be a store by store thing.

There's currently 187* of them at my local.

* number above may not be accurate.

Jurt said:
When you think about it, how many general households require a 19L stockpot lol

We home brewers have probably kept it going!

That said, I saw like 30 in my local BigW about 3 weeks ago..
Well consider that we are right in the peak of Tomato sauce season... maybe hundreds of households..

thedragon said:
Last time I looked - 2 weeks ago - the 19L pots were not available for order on the website. Didn't see any in stock at QV Melb either. Seems to be a store by store thing.
That is where I bought mine last week.

Tahoose said:
Well consider that we are right in the peak of Tomato sauce season... maybe hundreds of households..
Hundreds compared to how many in the country. Viability for consistant sales would be pretty low I imagine..

The pots were not very good quality to begin with... I believe that was the cause of them no longer being stocked. Truth be told, i have seen a few of these pots in various return bins... handles snapped and rusting... mine included... i kept the lids, told them they smashed and used them on my keggels.. LOL.. the lids just fit... with a bit of grinding to shave a bit of metal off the ring around the top of the keg...fits just fine

No stock in Doncaster, box hill, forest hill. Bummer. What is a good replacement that is cheap.

I've been chasing another BigW pot in SE QLD for the last few weeks and have had no luck. The website now just says "out of stock".

I've had a great run with mine. No rust, no handles falling off.(touch wood)

I suppose it's time to step up to full volume BIAB but I enjoy doing my stovetop brewing.

There is one left at Woden (Canberra) if anyone here needs one.

I looked at Chermside Brisbane today and all gone

I picked up 2 from Winston Hills in Sydney's north west last night.

Was at least one more on the shelf and the assistant did not know they were running them out?

Maybe we are creating the problem......

Zwitter

Back