Big W 19L Pot out of stock?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was looking for one of these recently my local store (yeppoon) had none and Rockhampton store had a couple, was just at the local big w and they had about 10 on the shelf so they might be back in stock

earle said:
Don't bother asking anybody anything at big w. They're never planning on ordering anything. They're just happy to be sent shit to put on the shelves.

Having worked for the company; Nobody orders anything that works in the shop. They ordering is done by the Auto Stocker supervisor who is usually not anywhere near the shop and may never have walked into it.

They appear to be back in stock. The latest catalogue lists them and they are listed online as available.

I went into bigw looking for them yesterday and no go, not even any space in the shelf for them anymore. This was ringwood.

Interesting.. Glad I have a spare... Somewhere
.. That I have never used but bought in case I wanted to do decoctions.. One of these days I will... Surely

I just got one on Saturday in the Brisbane city store, I'm sure that they're still available through the website too. Call a few stores, I'm sure you'll find one. They should even be able to order one into your store if the staff there could be arsed...

They are in the latest catalogue starting this Wednesday so they might be re stocking them early this week.

Picked up another one at midday from Big W Browns Plains. One left on the shelf. They are not against the wall with other pots but down one of the aisles.

There is shit loads at water gardens store. Just in a middle isle display heading towards pet area.

Re: 'What's an alternative pot...'

http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Cooking/Stock-Pot-And-Deep-Basket (mine was on-sale for $79)

After using a couple Big W 19L kettles for a couple years ( gas stove-top BIAB, 16L into fermenter), I recently bought the 30L as described in the URL above. In addition, I purchased a 2400 watt over-the side heating element which has been the bees knees! Why didn't I listen to proponents of OTS elements years ago...? The larger pot is easier for me. i.e. full volume , no spargeing and just one vessel.

Cheers

For all the costco members out there i was just at the one at crossroads nsw and they had stainless 22.7litre stock pots for $13. They were heavy based, quality of them was 10 times better then the big w ones

Picked another 19L pot at big w on Friday so there are some still around

Got a pic Heuz?

I'm not a Cosco member myself but I know one or two people who are. It sounds promising...

Latest posts

Back