Big Brew Day

• Thread starter Jovial_Monk
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
best of luck jazman doing your first all grain beer.may it be one of many.
once the ag beer bug has you by the short and curlies theres no turning back.you will be addicted for life.hope ya wife/partner is prepared for the journey. ;)

cheers
big d

Two first time mashers. Can you imagine the language?

Seriously, any Adelaide AHBers thinking they want to get into mashing, even if only part mashing, then next Sat at the Monk will be very educational. I am getting help at the shop so I can be outside mostly, helping the mashers and explaining/answering questions from whoever.

We will do the Toast to the worldwide HB community at 12 noon, I will provide beer but do bring along your latest and greatest brew by all means.

Jovial Monk

Jovial_Monk said:
Two first time mashers. Can you imagine the language?
disnae wurrie me, naeb'dy'll un'erstan' mah bletherin onyway!

Good luck wee stu and Jazman - I am sorry but due to prior Family committments i am unable to make it.

I hope that wee stu has learnt much from the Grand Master.....

Ken...

GMK said:
I hope that wee stu has learnt much from the Grand Master.....

Ken...
more than words can say .......... and decorum will allow :p

well inot my first total mash as i have done 5 partial mashes and the missus aont ready for the jououny she dont like it know

disnae wurrie me, naeb'dy'll un'erstan' mah bletherin onyway! [/quote]
:lol:
I have found I can't speak properly after holding down a good conversation with you stu.
It seems your accent is contagious.

You may have seen a couple things the 'grand master' do which may not be that good.
ie, we're all sitting around waiting for the wort to be cooled after the all the hops and stuff had settled to the bottom of the pot.
Then along come GMK in a drunken state and gives it a big old stir up much to the horror of us standing and watching. :eek:

Jayse

Jayse, I am finding these collective brew days highly educational. Hard to believe two all grain brews would have taught me so many things not to do :lol:

Maybe too many brewers spoil the ale, eh?
Or is it too many ales spoil the brew?

Whatever, I am resigned to the fact that lots of things will go horribly wrong on Saturday, and some months later I'll be drinking a more than passable beer.

That's given me an idea. What we need for a future AHB SA Chapter gathering is a comparative tasting of JM's brew of last week, GMK's from yesterday, mine and Jazman's from Saturday, and the result of the collective endeavour at Goliath's on Saturday as well.

Just need to find neutral ground to hold it on.

Sounds like a idea stu.
Maybe the middle of june at my joint when bigd is down to celebrate all that is beer.

Jayse

Last I heard I was doing an Oktoberfest - so could well be in cc still then, but maybe I could separate some off for early bottling? Or just drink the rest of the stuff anyway?

Latest posts

Back