Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in south Brisbane and it looks like we may get sent home soon... don't think i'll get any where near us. I'm on Fleet Lane/Hope Street. West end is starting to flood now with Riverside Drive closed due to the river braking it's banks

Edit: added photo of Riverside Drive

420kurilpa_420x0.jpg

Just packing up all the valuables now. We are on Moggill Ck which is on the flood map just released this morning. Coming down in buckets atm. Moggill Ck is just below the top of the banks and we haven't even received the flood waters from the north west yet :eek: . We are lucky that we have a second storey to move everything to, but our neighbours have no such luxury.

Just hope my brand new bar and kegging system, along with three fridges survives all this :(

Cheers - Snow

Good luck Snow, my thoughts are with you mate.

cheers

Browndog

Just packing up all the valuables now. We are on Moggill Ck which is on the flood map just released this morning. Coming down in buckets atm. Moggill Ck is just below the top of the banks and we haven't even received the flood waters from the north west yet :eek: . We are lucky that we have a second storey to move everything to, but our neighbours have no such luxury.

Just hope my brand new bar and kegging system, along with three fridges survives all this :(

Cheers - Snow

What in gods name could you be carrying upstairs that's more important than the brew gear,
good luck & keep safe, it does seem a bit biblical, locusts, fires, floods.

Thoughts with all of QLD. Hope this shit eases soon. :beerbang:

Bribie Island now cut off with the 3 possible roads to Caboolture all submerged.

We're looking okay here. Just dealing with 2 kids that have been cooped up inside for the last 3 weeks... getting cabin fever.

It has been bucketing down here for the last few hrs and wivenhoe is copping it worse. :(

Buddy from Caboolture just rang, Caboolture and Morayfield are being evacuated (cf Werribee / Hoppers, Campbelltown /Narellan)

edit: popping off to ALDI for longlife milk, canned food and batteries if there are any left as supplies will run out in a couple of days and no trucks in or out of the Island. Lucky I've got a gas barbie. Cheers.

Stay high & dry & most importantly - safe people!

Check this out from Toowoomba yesterday - gets crazy from 1.00 onwards

Last edited by a moderator:
my uncle and aunt own a farm in caboolture, my mum called them up and they're fine thankfully, their property is pretty high up.

Wivenhoe dam is at 170%, dread to think of what will happen if it overflows....

Good luck to all is effected. I wish you guys all the best. Chins up the aussie spirit will keeps yas going

It'll apparently hold 200% before it overflows.

i read at current flow rates in to the dam it had 1.5 days till capacity. that was this morning though, from all reports that area is getting a good downfall, so expect less

edit: dam not damn

Latest posts

Back