Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take care everyone, stuff ya brew gear, make sure the family is safe!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/01/11/3110273.htm
some pretty bad parking efforts in this clip and gnarly surf.

lots of freaking water. fire up the burners and try and get some evapouration going.

yes all bad jokes but trying to find a lighter side to this awful thing.

hope blokes like chappo are ok. his property back onto the river. its a fair climb to his place but given how much flooding there is....

I'm in Oxley, down on the low side, so we are expecting to get hit when Oxley creek hits. We're looking to move to higher ground if needed. If anyone knows Oxley, I'm near the park next to the BP, and that fills up fairly quickly.

That said, my thoughts and prayers are with anyone that has been affected by this.

Just letting it be known, I help clean up for home brew....

All the best guys, I've just got back from ALDI and now fully loaded man if food runs out on the island - ALDI and Woolies were like an Ethiopian food distribution centre :eek:

fully_loaded_man.jpg

Candles and torches all primed, ales should stay cold for a day or so, BBQ gas bottle full - all we can do here is sit it out. <_<
When the shit subsides if anyone looking for a cleanup hand we'll have to get an AHB / BABBs crew organised - hopefully not needed.

Just had a chat with my brother-in-law in Roma, he said they are not worried about drowning, but starving. No trucks coming in and no food on the shelves in the stores.

-BD

I cna't believe my connection still works!

Just packing up all the valuables now. We are on Moggill Ck which is on the flood map just released this morning. Coming down in buckets atm. Moggill Ck is just below the top of the banks and we haven't even received the flood waters from the north west yet :eek: . We are lucky that we have a second storey to move everything to, but our neighbours have no such luxury.

Just hope my brand new bar and kegging system, along with three fridges survives all this :(

Cheers - Snow

If the water gets up to them just turn them off and use a fan to dry out the electrics once its all over.
(Well, it worked for me the last couple of times - that was flash flooding mind you).
Went to get some sandbags this morning along with half of Brisbane, 2 hour wait but I really appreciate the work the SES lads and lasses were putting in.

Be safe guys, please don't take any stupid risks and if in doubt get the hell out, as fast as you can.

Andrew

Some Caboolture and Strathpine residents told to head for higher ground now :(

We had 100mm rain in L'boro two days ago.
250mm the day after
Today we've had 120+ since 7am.

We've seen a tripped out wallaby staggering around the garden totally disoriented. Very sad.

No risk for us, fortunately.

Decided to work from home today rather than train it into brissy :mellow:

I'm worried this is really just the beginning, though.

Summer king tide for Brissy Bar is due 21st Jan.

Have a look at what's coming across the Pacific. Furthest out we can see is Monday 17th ... looks close to landfall. Of course cyclones are very unpredictable, but it doesn't look good :huh:

Hope everyone's ok.

Four of us brewers here in Gympie, all of our heads above water so far, I'm 15M above floodwater, Adrian and Brucce are on hills and Roboscot is north of the city, cut off but safe. Grocery items have been cleaned off the shelves here on the southside, no bread, dairy farmer from the Mary Valley delivered milk yesterday. The Jockey Club hotel still has beer, if it runs out I'll have to put the dog in the shed, to protect the kegs. Enough food here for a few days, fingers crossed.

Phoned my son to tell him to get out of that bloody new tunnel in Brisbane and out of the city. Thankfully he phoned to say he's gone home!

Its all happening!

Mate get yourself prepared and up high. In 1974 I went down Fitzroy St (east) from the Albion St intersection in a boat and swam into a house down near the subway to get people out. Talk is that it may be the same level this time, as downstream is chockas.

Any of you Brisbane boys in low areas get yourself somewhere high, don't sit and watch the news until the water starts coming in. Been trying to contact friends in the lockyer valley without success :(

Be safe boys, wish you all well.

Screwy

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Four of us brewers here in Gympie, all of our heads above water so far, I'm 15M above floodwater, Adrian and Brucce are on hills and Roboscot is north of the city, cut off but safe. Grocery items have been cleaned off the shelves here on the southside, no bread, dairy farmer from the Mary Valley delivered milk yesterday. The Jockey Club hotel still has beer, if it runs out I'll have to put the dog in the shed, to protect the kegs. Enough food here for a few days, fingers crossed.

Phoned my son to tell him to get out of that bloody new tunnel in Brisbane and out of the city. Thankfully he phoned to say he's gone home!

Mate get yourself prepared and up high. In 1974 I went down Fitzroy St (east) from the Albion St intersection in a boat and swam into a house down near the subway to get people out. Talk is that it may be the same level this time, as downstream is chockas.

Any of you Brisbane boys in low areas get yourself somewhere high, don't sit and watch the news until the water starts coming in. Been trying to contact friends in the lockyer valley without success :(

Be safe boys, wish you all well.

Screwy

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Good to hear you're ok (apart from being surrounded by Gumpites :p ) - your email bounced when I tried to send you some abuse see you how you were.

Sky News are saying Brisbane River has broken its banks and office towers in Eagle St. are being emptied.
This is the big one.

Watching the footage on tv. Hard to truly fathom the magnitude of this...

Best wishes to all.

Be safe guys, please don't take any stupid risks and if in doubt get the hell out, as fast as you can.

Echoing these sentiments to all affected!

The Nation's thoughts and best wishes are with you all!!!

Good to hear you're ok (apart from being surrounded by Gumpites :p ) - your email bounced when I tried to send you some abuse see you how you were.

Slipped up there :eek: , email on the way

Screwy

Back