BIAB legacy podcast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruckus said:
Damn: I didn't start the topic, just commented on it. But I understand your need to have tangible numbers to play with.

Bribie: Efficiency calculations never take into consideration the time used/wasted on correcting for this sort of error, which is why I've done away with worrying about numbers. My first couple batches I was sooooo stressed about hitting numbers that I spent a lot of time and effort correcting them as best I could and found that my brew day became a stressful and massively time consuming process. Which, in turn makes for a very inefficient process.
All that really matters is Conversion Efficiency. All the other losses are just losses, and are relatively constant brew to brew or vary with the grain hop bill. If the software knows those values and it knows the grain bill it can work out the system efficiency (which is irrelevant), but more importantly how much grain and water to make x litres in your packaging with a given OG

This is what BIABacus does, and in theory it would work for a or a 3V, although I think BIABacus doesn't do the math from first principles, but my CE calculator does.

http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1066&sid=cd8aa4380324cca3cf27f2018e7d0371

For some reason i cant get the podcast to stream for me, the link works, i can find it but my computer just wont play the stream!
I have heard the other one with Beersmith and enjoyed it though.

If you have a iPhone or even a new ish iPod, your can just download the free podcasts app, search for basic brewing radio and download it directly to your device.

That's how I get my podcasts, saves syncing up to the pc.

Ha ha, all i had to do was right click and save it to my computer instead of trying to stream it from the site. :)

Latest posts

Back