BIAB Kettle on a Budget - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Altone. I like the look of the Soga one! Any experience using it?
Nope, but I used to work in a commercial kitchen where Soga pots were used a lot.
They wouldn't consider any of the cheap and thin walled no name pots.
I used to use an old urn to BIAB before I bought the Guten, so no beer related knowledge :)

I like that the Soga pot has riveted handles rather than spot welded. I'd have that bit more faith when lifted my mash water and grain.

If you're looking for a solid SS 50L vessel have you considered a keg? Kegs served me well for my old 50L 3V brewhouse.

may haps behind local pub you find a nice 50 litre keg and cut the top out of it ? lol
Keg theft is kind of illegal, probably not a good idea to promote it
Especially now that reps from a few big breweries have memberships here and know that we're discussing it ;)

Keg theft is kind of illegal, probably not a good idea to promote it
Especially now that reps from a few big breweries have memberships here and know that we're discussing it ;)
who said anything about stealing , buy them by all means !, lol
\

who said anything about stealing , buy them by all means !, lol
\
Which would then be receiving stolen goods
Until they're decommissioned (which they usually aren't, they're usually destroyed) the keg remains the property of the brewery

I bought one of the 50L SS pots from Tentworld. Done a fair few brews and it's still going strong.

Which would then be receiving stolen goods
Until they're decommissioned (which they usually aren't, they're usually destroyed) the keg remains the property of the brewery
i am so sorry to hurt your sensibilities you who has never speed ed or broken any laws , ffs get a life no wonder your self proclaimed mayor of shit !

i am so sorry to hurt your sensibilities you who has never speed ed or broken any laws , ffs get a life no wonder your self proclaimed mayor of shit !
Pull your head in mate, there are quite a few owners/brewers of small breweries here on the board (who started as home brewers like us) who are seriously hurt by the costs of replacing stolen kegs
We all have a couple of less than legally acquired kegs in the shed, but saying "HEY WHY DON"T YOU GRAB SOME FROM THE BACK OF THE PUB" is ******* stupid
Grow up you bloody idiot

Pull your head in mate, there are quite a few owners/brewers of small breweries here on the board (who started as home brewers like us) who are seriously hurt by the costs of replacing stolen kegs
We all have a couple of less than legally acquired kegs in the shed, but saying "HEY WHY DON"T YOU GRAB SOME FROM THE BACK OF THE PUB" is ******* stupid
Grow up you bloody idiot
oh sheesh , you poor misguided person , my statement in the first place if you bothered to read it correctly was ended in LOL , which means its a joke ! funny humorous etc , but being anal seems your limit , so please report me and do as you like as i am finished arguing with idiots ,i find they just drag you down to their level an beat you with experience

Back