Biab Brewer Register

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name................. Brews........... are you still BIABing?........Volume
Pistol Patch............. 26................ Yes........................... 598lt Changed to BIAB
FNQ Bunyip............. 33................ Yes........................... 795lt
SpillsMostOfIt........... 12 .................Yes!..........................286lt No Chill/Electric
Hashie......................9..................Yes.............. ............186lt No chill
MaxT........................5..................No.............. .............115lt
PJ............................1..................Will be........................23lt No Chill.
jimmysuperlative......10..................Yes.................... .over 200lt No Chill
Thirstyboy................5.................. Yes.....................app 50lt
Wardhog..................1...................?...............................23lt
Phonos....................3...................Yes............................65l
Partial
Beer Man.................5...................Yes..........................100lt
davekate.................5...................Yes.......................app 100lt No Chill all the way!
Adam......................2...................No.............................46l

Blackbock................6...................No............................180lt No Chill
Zizzle......................7...................No..........................161l
No Chill/Electric
Phrak......................6....................Yes.........................175l
No Chill for all
Deaves.................. 6...................No.............................app 140lt ..All Chilled

I have a nice Bohemian Pilsner stinking up my fermenting fridge right now.

Pistol Patch............. 26................ Yes........................... 598lt Changed to BIAB
SpillsMostOfIt........... 12 .................Yes!..........................286lt No Chill/Electric
Hashie......................9..................Yes.............. ............186lt No chill
MaxT........................5..................No.............. .............115lt
PJ............................1..................Will be........................23lt No Chill.
jimmysuperlative......13..................Yes.................... .over 260lt No Chill
Wardhog..................1...................?...............................23lt
Phonos....................3...................Yes............................65l
Partial
davekate.................5...................Yes.......................app 100lt No Chill all the way!
Adam......................2...................No.............................46l

Blackbock................6...................No............................180lt No Chill
Zizzle......................7...................No..........................161l
No Chill/Electric
Phrak......................6....................Yes.........................175l
No Chill for all
Deaves.................. 6...................No.............................app 140lt ..All Chilled

Finally brewing a Swarztbier ...after all this time this weekend. ;)

...I love my bag! :eek: :lol:

jimmysuperlative......13..................Yes.................... .over 260lt No Chill
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................1...................will be.......................23litres

:party:

Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................1...................will be.......................23litres
Murcluf....................1..................Will be........................11lt

More like mash in a bag then BIAB, Used 25lt Esky as Mash tun, infusion mash for 90 mins then bulk sparged tea bag style for 15 mins. Used wedding veil materal for the bag instead of swiss volie worked a real treat. Looking forward to get a biger pot for bigger brews, only have a 12lt pot at the moment.

SpillsMostOfIt........... 13 .................Yes!..........................298lt No Chill/Electric
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Murcluf....................1..................Will be........................11lt

Too cold outside today, so my half-batch of Pilsen Spills BoPils was done on the stovetop, which made maintaining the mash temperature a little bit too easy...

SpillsMostOfIt........... 13 .................Yes!..........................298lt No Chill/Electric
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................2...................yes.......................46litre

My second biab is away! much quicker cold break and extremely clear into the fermenter with the help of a modified small grain bag to catch hop residue :beerbang:
Huge improvement on the first one,

Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................2...................yes.......................46litre

Patobeermonster......2..................yes.............................23lt

New member to Forum hello! had a few beers tonight feeling jolly, first batch was half sized, was crap OG 1030 with 2.5 kg of grain at 11 litres FG 1010 hmm... beer flavoured water.
2nd batch brewed tonight OG before yeast addition 1050, with another 2.5 kg - 11.7 litres (actually used a mill to crack grain this time instead of blender) should give me a better result
still doing kits and stuff will move into full AG batches once I buy some more stuff
Misses sewed me up a sleeping bag bag type bag (I think that makes sense)
Enjoying AG ,thanks for making it easy to get into,
just reread this post probably should not go on internet after so many beers

Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................3...................yes...........................67l
tres

My silicon hose turned up today after id allready chilled. so the next batch ill be trying the no chill method.
Because i brew fairly regular the cost of ice and the hassle of going to get the ice all the time is annoying.(especially after a few beers)

The copper tubing is way to expensive..

i most probably will build an immersion chiller if i find the no chill method is affecting my beer etc etc.
But id have to work out which way to go about recycling the water first.

So im going to do a no chill either tomorrow or satdy using a low alcohol batch that im brewing for my old man.

cheers kingy

Hashie......................10..................Yes.............. ............209lt No chill
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................3...................yes...........................67l
tres

WOOT into double figures :)

My silicon hose turned up today after id allready chilled. so the next batch ill be trying the no chill method.
Because i brew fairly regular the cost of ice and the hassle of going to get the ice all the time is annoying.(especially after a few beers)

The copper tubing is way to expensive..

i most probably will build an immersion chiller if i find the no chill method is affecting my beer etc etc.
But id have to work out which way to go about recycling the water first.

So im going to do a no chill either tomorrow or satdy using a low alcohol batch that im brewing for my old man.

cheers kingy

I've taken to having a 100litre storage box sitting out the back full of percarbonaty water for soaking bottles. Last couple of brew days, I've put my NCCube into it. Tomorrow, I will add 5kg ice I've made in freezer in it towards the end and I'm set...

Hashie......................10..................Yes.............. ............209lt No chill
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
tres
Harry_Rmbler..........2..................yes..............................46lt

WOOT into double figures :)

Donya Hashie :super:

My goodness guys! We've got Kingy, Murcluf, Patobeermonster and Harry_Rmbler (well, I just added Harry) who have all just started BIABing.

Kingy we have known about (how'd the whit magic go?) but the other guys have come out of the blue.

Anyway you guys, it's great to see your names up there. I think us BIABer's are getting a little slack at welcoming new troops and need to lift our game a bit :(

I know we'll hear from Harry soon (he has a hangover at the moment) but I'd love to hear from Murcluf and Pato as to what got you guys under way. If you get a chance can you write something in the main BIAB thread for us?

That would be tops! I'll whack a quick note in the main thread now...

Congratulations guys,
Pat

Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................4...................yes...........................90l
tres

drinking my first biab now and its bloody beutiful,ordered another keg as well so i can try and keep 3 kegs full.And age them a little longer than usual.
What a differance AG'ing makes :beerbang:

Marga mill also on the way. thx ross!

cheers kingy

p.s just done my first no chill so cant wait for the results. No chill is a lot easier so i hope it works out.

Pistol Patch............. 28................ Yes........................... 644lt Changed to BIAB
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................4...................yes...........................90l
tres

Good on you Kingy! Yep, just keep ordering those kegs - lol!

Just added two more brews above. Both of these were side by sides with batch-spargers. I'll write some details up in the main thread now.

Wow , great to see some new names n the list .. well done guys ..

Kingy, glad to hear your drinking your first one now and all is good.. your going well with 4 brews down. Good to see.. and you can never have too many kegs...LOL .. She'll understand ;)

Well done guys .
:beer:

Pistol Patch............. 28................ Yes........................... 644lt Changed to BIAB
SpillsMostOfIt........... 14 .................Yes!..........................322lt No Chill/Electric
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
tres

Another Australian Pale Ale... *yawn*...

SpillsMostOfIt........... 14 .................Yes!..........................322lt No Chill/Electric
Hashie......................11..................Yes.............. ............232lt No chill
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
tres

Aidens Irish Red #2 under way.

Hashie......................11..................Yes.............. ............232lt No chill
Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
Kingy......................5...................yes...........................113
itres no chilled the last 2 brews

geez is that the time :eek: time flys when ur having fun :)

edit: the no chill section

My goodness guys! We've got Kingy, Murcluf, Patobeermonster and Harry_Rmbler (well, I just added Harry) who have all just started BIABing.

I know we'll hear from Harry soon (he has a hangover at the moment).

lol, yeah I wasn't in the best shape. Cheers for adding me.
After tomorrow I'll be able to add a fair whack to the list under my name.

Cheers
Harry

Partial

No Chill/Electric
No Chill for all
tres
MVZOOM.................2.....................yep..........................46lt / Electric / Bag / No chill. Breakin' all the rules

And dropped some bag material off to BenHobbs who should be stitching his together shortly....

Back