Biab Brewer Register

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Ok Pat and I were in long discussions the other night and its got me wondering just how many brewers have tried it and how many liters have now been clocked up by BIAB...

Please add your name to the list below...with haow many brews you've done and wether your still doing Biab or have you moved over to a full 3 vessle set up...

This is purerly out of cureosity (sp)
Thanks Guys and girls....

:beer:

Name Brews are you still BIABing?

Pistol Patch ? Yes
FNQ Bunyip 20 Yes

Name Brews are you still BIABing?

Pistol Patch ? Yes
FNQ Bunyip 20 Yes
SpillsMostOfIt 5 Yes! Brew 6 Monday/Tuesday next (edit: volume total: 124litres - one was a short double batch)

volume total: 124litres - one was a short double batch

All of mine have been around the 25lt mark into the fermenter so around 480lt

The spaceing wont stay in the list so I've put stops in..

Name......... Brews........... are you still BIABing?........Volume

Pistol Patch...... ?................. Yes.............................app 450lt
FNQ Bunyip..... 20................ Yes.............................app 480lt
SpillsMostOfIt... 5 .................Yes!..................................124lt
?
?
?
?

MMMMMMM only the 3 of us willing to put our hands up .

I only started 2 weeks ago, but am happy to add myself to the list.

SpillsMostOfIt... 5 .................Yes!..................................124lt
Hashie..............2..................Yes...................................46l

?
?
?

Hashie..............2..................Yes...................................46l

MaxT................5...................NO...................................115

I have moved to 3 vessel system, which suits my needs better.

Is the world a better place for BIAB?
Certainly.

Have only done the one 23 litre brew.

Was certainly an easier brew night.

Edit : But, that was probably the only BIAB I'll do. I built my mashtun on the weekend.

Does a partial mash BIAB count? I've got one I'm just about to bottle... 23 litres

PJ.....................1.................Will be...............................23lt.....No Chill.

Done one 1/2 batch Traditional....Got infected threw it out...
Drinking a 6 week old BIAB at moment.....I just made a beer..dunno what sort.....
Tastes a bit different from my usual stuff....BUT I am drinking it...
Gave a few bottles to HB Shop.... Waiting for results..when i go and get some more ingredients..
Cheers
PJ
PS I use a CAKE STAND......PP..(Electric boiler)

?

No cake stands here - I use two 2400W immersion heaters, but also have no-chill'd the last couple.

I'm taking pot shots at all the sacred cows! :lol:

Pistol Patch............. ?................. Yes.............................app 450lt
FNQ Bunyip............ 20................ Yes.............................app 480lt
SpillsMostOfIt.......... 5 .................Yes!..................................124lt
Hashie.....................2..................Yes...............................
...46l
PJ............................1.................Will be...............................23lt.....No Chill.
jimmysuperlative....10................Yes..................................200+L
...No Chill.

...who is double batching their BIAB ?

Name.................. Brews........Are you still BIABing?.............Volume

Pistol Patch............. ?................. Yes.............................app 450lt
FNQ Bunyip............ 20................ Yes.............................app 480lt
SpillsMostOfIt.......... 5 .................Yes!..................................124lt
Hashie.....................2..................Yes...............................
...46l
PJ............................1.................Will be...............................23lt.....No Chill.
jimmysuperlative....10..................Yes..................................200
L....No Chill
Thirstyboy...............5...................Yes.............................app 50lt

Apart from 1 shared brewday where we BIAB'd a full batch, I only BIAB small batches for experimenting with new styles etc. I use my trad system for full size brews. But I am severely tempted to make the switch. If my damn pump leaks again next time I brew...........

Savage editing hey?
...46l
MaxT................5...................NO...................................115

jimmysuperlative....10..................Yes..................................200
L....No Chill
Thirstyboy...............5...................Yes.............................app 50lt

Savage editing hey? Happens all the time in the swap thred..

...46l

L....No Chill
Wardhog.................1....................?.....................................23lt....
Phonos....................1..................?.....................................23lt...........Partial

Must be a few more out there...??

Savage editing hey? Happens all the time in the swap thred..
...46l

L....No Chill
Wardhog.................1....................?.....................................23lt....
Phonos....................1..................?.....................................23lt...........Partial
Must be a few more out there...??

I've done 5 totaling 100l since thirsty boy got me started on AG new years day this year. After seeing what he goes through with his 3 vessel i aint changing in a hurry.

IPA, Porter, Bitter, Altbier, APA

Beer Man

FNQ Bunyip............ 23................ Yes.............................app 545lt
...46l

L....No Chill
Beer Man.................5...................yes.................................100l

I got 3 done yesterday, was a big brew day and was even on track to be cleaned up when a couple of mates turned up ,, so still have to scrub out a kettle and pack a few bits up but all went well...

Pat sujested the name change for this thred and Thanks to Batz for changing it ...

:beer:

FNQ Bunyip............ 23................ Yes.............................app 545lt
...46l

L....No Chill
Beer Man.................5...................yes.................................100l
davekate.................5.................YES.............................app 100lt....No Chill all the way!

Thank god for BIAB, would still be on K&K and HBS wort kits.
DK

...46l

L....No Chill
davekate.................5.................YES.............................app 100lt....No Chill all the way!
Adam......................2...................No................................
..46L

SpillsMostOfIt.......... 5 .................Yes!..................................124lt....No Chill.....Electric
...46l

L....No Chill
Adam......................2...................No................................
..46L

Back