Best Type Of Beer Line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattSR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got some white "food grade" tubing from my local HBS, but the diameter seems to be too small, and I just don't like the stuff. I'd rather use the clear type of line so I can see what colour the beer is coming from the kegs and if theres any bubbles etc in it.. Is it OK to just use normal clear 6m ID, 8mm OD line?

Just wanting tio know what you guys use - easier to learn off you guys than solve problems that others have already found solutions for :icon_cheers:

i really like valpar flexmaster II

i can see the beer and bubbles through it

ripped of ebay
Benefits
• Easy to install
• Ideal for tube and python applications where tight bend radii are necessary
• Extended cleaning cycles in comparison to EVA and PVC (Vinyl) tubing
• Reduced off-taste
• Cost-effective replacement for EVA and PVC (Vinyl) tubing
• Suitable for use with both barbed and speed fittings
• The two-layer composition includes an inner layer made from a smooth co-polymer.
• The smooth inner surface of Flexmaster reduces yeast growth and extends cleaning cycles in comparison to EVA or PVC (Vinyl).
• Flexmaster has been designed to provide solutions for both tubing and python applications where a tight bend radius is required, e.g. inside dispense towers or between keg and cooler.
• Flexmaster can be used as a replacement for both braided and clear PVC tubing.

the problem ive heard with the vinyl tubing even when food grade over time they get 'tainted'

Cool, thanks Dave - I saw that on the craftbrewer site and was tempted. Now i'll order some!

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

6mm ID is big for serving line, you'll need a fair bit of length to balance your system. I like using the 4mm ID stuff cos you don't need as much length.

I got some "Brewmaster 2" 4mm ID 8mm OD which is great for JG fittings. It's not clear though.

Cheers,

Sam

Cool, thanks for the advice Sam, it makes sense. I have Dorado taps with flow adjuster valves in the stem, so with a bit of luck the valve will have enough adjustment range to suit.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi All,

Just wanted to say that I ended up getting Valpar Flexmaster II and it works a treat..

Very happy with my setup now!

Latest posts

Back