Best Place To Buy Bulk Grain In Sa?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribalfish

Reaction score
HI all,

Just bought approx. 8 kilo of grain from interstate and it cost me nearly $19 in Freight <_<
Does anyone in SA buy their grain in bulk?
If so where is the best place/cheapest?

Thanks in advance,

Tribalfish.

*Edit Freight.

Thanks guys,

Will give beerbelly a ring tomorrow.
All I need now is a mill and I'm Larfin' :lol:

Tribalfish.

Thanks guys,
Will give beerbelly a ring tomorrow.
All I need now is a mill and I'm Larfin' :lol:
Tribalfish.
You could try contacting anc001 (Alex), he is in the Riverland. You might be able to split a bag. Beerbelly can mill for you and then send out. I think Alex was also looking for a mill too.

cheers Boston, mill is still just on the list, along with alot of other stuff, lol. About to blow about $500 on some kettle bling at beerbelly. Then there are 3 more ss Celis to buy sometime.
:D

I usually order from Ross at Craftbrewer, IMX the prices on grain are the lowest by a little bit, last order I made was 17kg and delivery was $40-50.
Though the last stuff I got was from Wayne and Amanda at Beerbelly who will also crush for free. Amanda mentioned a price of around $20 to deliver a ~40L kettle out here FTR, which would be big and bulky, but not as heavy...

A friend here in the riverland who I got hooked on Grumpy's masterbrews etc still orders from Phil and Brad at Stillbrewing who also crush for you, I just asked him about hte delivery charge and he said
I think it was about 8 bucks for two of their bags of ingredients and some other goodies.
So that's the equivalent of about one AG batch I'd say.

Back