Best Kit Lagers/pilsners/bocks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanceonbeach

Reaction score
What are your favourite kits for brewing Lager, Pilsner or Bock?

It is nearly cold enough to brew a Lager without temperature control underneath the house, in a few weeks it definitely will be cold enough. I brewed Bitter and Porter during the summer to see me through the winter so these warm weather beers should get a nice long lagering over the next few months of frigid weather.

What are your favourite kits for brewing Lager, Pilsner or Bock?

It is nearly cold enough to brew a Lager without temperature control underneath the house, in a few weeks it definitely will be cold enough. I brewed Bitter and Porter during the summer to see me through the winter so these warm weather beers should get a nice long lagering over the next few months of frigid weather.

Do you have access to FWK's where you are in NZ? Do one of those. Get a nice liquid yeast - try Wyeast 2124 Bohemian Lager, some Czech Saaz finishing hops - and you're away. It likes to be @ 10C. Easy as.

Haven't seen any fresh wort kits advertised in NZ and my LHBS doesn't stock them. Shame because they get some decent reviews.

Haven't seen any fresh wort kits advertised in NZ and my LHBS doesn't stock them. Shame because they get some decent reviews.

Oh well - use a goo + LME and the rest of the stuff I suggested.

Ages ago I did an APA with the Morgans blue mountain kit as the base, 1k light LME, 24g cascade dry hopped and I think I used Safale S-04 for the yeast... It was an absolute cracker!

Andrew

Latest posts

Back