best bottle filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw. If you get the KK one, get some better disconects for it. They come with the cheap plastic ones which are total crap.

nosco said:
Does longer beer line length have something to do with it too? I didnt think the one supplies with the KK gun was quite long enough if this is the case. Chilling a few bottles is fine but try finding fridge space to chill 24-48 bottles.
Yes, a longer line will need a higher pressure for a certain flow rate. I just try to fill as slow as is practical for a given beer. There is a bit of art to using the beer gun, but once you have it down it works very well.

malt junkie said:
But lets face it unless you have an automated bottling line it's a love hate job.
If you do have an automated bottling line it's a hate / hate job.

Carb cap is great bit of kit. You don't really need the dip tube if you don't want.

Cheap and easy option.

LC the point was I love drinking beer other people have bottled, my beer I generally keg. So if any of you buggers ever end up with a bottle of my finest; think ya selves lucky, well after your certain it hasn't poisoned you of course. I hate bottling... except when other people are doing it.

Sooo just letting you know how it went. I bought the counter pressure bottle filler with gas in one side/ fluid in the other, cork at the neck and pressure release valve (brewmart)?

Had a bit of trouble with set-up. I run all my lines (gas and beer) at 6mm ID but the cpbf has the gas inlet at 6mm and the fluid inlet barb much smaller - 3mm ? Anyway result being that i had to clamp (with wire, the only thing on hand) my fluid side to a smaller barb than line resulting in much leaking. .. Shall fix asap with a new barb.

Also the pressure release valve does not release any pressure unless it's screwed ALL the way out. Subtle adjustment not possible, maybe it's just a new spring in there and it needs a bit of work to loosen a bit?

Anyway, a couple hours mucking around with some beer loss before i got a couple bottles 'sort' of filled.

There is potential with some tweaking it will work okay, but it's going to take a couple new parts/lines/new barb and spring adjustment before I'm confident to try again. Will get there in the end but lets just say it is not going to threaten any commercial bottling line!!

Success!!

I purchased a couple stainless steel clamps and found a small line insert to reduce my 6mm down to the correct 4mm liquid inlet barb size.

Trick while filling is to keep the bung on the stubby tightly and use the pressure release valve to adjust flow (not the liquid in valve), maintaining normal keg pressure (10psi for me).

Filled a few stubbies, opened them up the next day and perfect. Good carbonation and looks good in the glass. Happy brewer.

Just thought I'd share a picture of the final set up. Bottled 12 stubbies last night, bit of a messy process but it got the job done.

wp_ss_20160930_0001.png

Latest posts

Back