Best Album Purchased This Year 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanator

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm a huge fan of music and collect heaps of albums. Just wondering what everyone thinks is their best CD for the year.

Mine would have to be "War All The Time" by Thursday. Love having it cranked up while I put down a new brew.

Cheers!

Thursday_War_All_The_Time.jpg

I dont buy too many albums, I am afraid, but the one I am listening to alot ATM is a recording of the Steve Poltz concert I went to at the Brass Monkey in September. Obviously not as polished as a regular album, but still a great listen just the same.
Off topic, I would have to recommend the brass monkey if ya ever wanna go and see a show there, great night, it was a dinner and show deal for $50, right next to the stage, best night I have had out in ages. That said, I dont get out all that often... Oh yeah, no affiliation with the brass monkey.
All the best Trent
PS Just ordered Morning Wood by the Rugburns, so that'll be my new favourite album when it gets here!

It has been a dissappointing year for music releases for me. Some of my favourite bands have had releases this year (Shihad, Rammstein, Audioslave) and none of them really got me in my groove.
Probably the top albums for the year for me would be The White Strips - Get behind me Satan and The Foo Fighters - In your Honor.

I'm sure there is another one or two but I can't recall them right now. iTunes is on my other notebook.

Beers,
Doc

The Veronica's - secret Life of the Veronica's

they rock

:super:

but seriously....

System of a Down - Mezmerize got a fair bit of airplay for me earlier this year

and that My Chemical Romance song "Helena"is quite catchy - even if they are crappy pop-punk

Jez

American Idiot - Green Day is getting played at bit ATM at home.

Mainly listen to the WMA discs I've made up.

Got Hot Fuss by The Killers a couple of weeks ago, which isn't too bad at all.

Cheers,
Jase.

It's a toss up between The wiggles & Hi-5 around here at the moment!
I really need to get out more.
Cheers
Gerard

Umm got a few to choose from:

Cog - The new normal
New Mudvayne album (can't remember title)
Spineshank - The Height of Callousness (sp?) and Self Destructive Pattern

We must have the same taste in music Gerard. I've been listening to these great bands all the time recently as well. Spooky. :blink:

Pink Floyd, Hendrix and The Who. And not necessarely in that order.

wolfmother - self titled.

They're a great aussie band, very retro 70's sound, a bit led zep, a bit jethro tull, a bit deep purple.

yeh i saw wolfmother at homebake last year and they rocked
the ep they relased has some damn fine tracks
black sabbath meet led zep

28 Days, Extreme Makeover
the Cat Empire, Two Shoes
Green Day, American Idiot

Not in any order.

barfridge said:
wolfmother - self titled.

They're a great aussie band, very retro 70's sound, a bit led zep, a bit jethro tull, a bit deep purple.
[post="91731"][/post]​
The Wolfmother album is excellent. I got it off iTunes so not really a CD. But it has been in high rotation on my iPod since.

Scotty said:
Pink Floyd, Hendrix and The Who.
[post="91730"][/post]​

Second that Scotty.

Caught PF in brizzy in 88 and also at Earls Court in uk .

Momentary Lapse of Reason is the shit followed very closely by Dark Side of the Moon. B)

cheers
yard

Gerard_M said:
It's a toss up between The wiggles & Hi-5 around here at the moment!
I really need to get out more.
Cheers
Gerard
[post="91699"][/post]​

Yes, in the kids lounge it is the Hooley Dooleys and Hi 5 :blink:

Doc

Back