Best Album Purchased This Year 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it an old album but Van halen first album i got hold of but not else as it the only one i bought the wife buys more than me,,,,maybe still look to get some more S.R.V

Jazman said:
,maybe still look to get some more S.R.V
[post="91778"][/post]​

second that as well jazman.

the sky is cryin', or how about the tribute album that Jimmie Vaughn put together with B.B King, Robert Cray, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton etc..

SRV lives on B)

album of the year has to go to the beastie boys to the 5 broughs seen them early in the year and they rocked, now thanx to fingerlickin-b i can relive it whenever i want ,he set me a 2 hour cd of concert and film clips :super:
thanx again fingerlickin i owe you big time.....

I only bought half a dozen cd's this year. None really outstanding. Off the top of my head it would be Perfect Circle, thou not sure if that was this year or last .... old stuff still rocks. will have to check out wolfmother ...

edit - spellins

Album of the year for me is definately Cog - The New Normal. I think its been a pretty boring year for music.

barfridge said:
wolfmother - self titled.

They're a great aussie band, very retro 70's sound, a bit led zep, a bit jethro tull, a bit deep purple.
[post="91731"][/post]​

Very derivative.

Frances the Mute.... Mars Volta.

Due to moving around, looking after a kid and being flat out with work I really haven't had time to buy much, mostly picking up old favourites on vinyl (scored (I'm) Stranded in good condition for not very much at all!). Favourite new albums I've bought this year would be Mach Pelican's Pulsate to the Back Beat and the Hekawi's Intellectual.

Brauluver said:
barfridge said:
wolfmother - self titled.

They're a great aussie band, very retro 70's sound, a bit led zep, a bit jethro tull, a bit deep purple.
[post="91731"][/post]​

Very derivative.
[post="91820"][/post]​

My word. I really dislike them and their music :ph34r:

yard glass said:
Jazman said:
,maybe still look to get some more S.R.V
[post="91778"][/post]​

second that as well jazman.

the sky is cryin', or how about the tribute album that Jimmie Vaughn put together with B.B King, Robert Cray, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton etc..

SRV lives on B)
[post="91786"][/post]​

Yardglass.

If you're a SRV and Jimmie Vaughan fan. Fabulous Thunderbirds are a hard act to beat. Actually saw SRV and them (Thunderbirds) in concert in 1986 at Festival Hall. What a night. I can highly recommend the album "Butt Rockin" :beerbang: :beerbang:

BTW Saw SRV twice in total. Yep, he was that good live. Once at the Melbourne Concert Hall in 1984 and the afore mentioned time in '86. May he continue to make noise in heaven. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Can't agree that it's been a boring year for music with not one but TWO new System Of A Down albums!. Without a doubt Mesmerize is album of the year and I am eagerly awaiting release of Hypnotize next week.

COG - The new normal is brilliant.

Jazman, Van Halen 1 is the best rock album of all time. No arguments please.

Cheers

Another vote for System of a Down - Mesmerize.

Great news Stickler, I was wondering when the next one was coming out :super:

I haven't bought much music this year. Of the CDs I have bought, Regurgitator's Mish Mash and Mylo's Destroy Rock and Roll would be up there, but I suspect they were released last year.

I'm with you Braulover & Murray. Can't understand all the fuss over Wolfmother - they're just ripping off the greats & doing a half-arsed job of it as well.

Big fan of The Mars Volta & At The Drive-In.

If you look in the right places you might be able to find a sneak-peak of their new album "Scabodates".........as well as System of a Down "Hypnotize"..... :ph34r:

they sound very nice.

Jez

sticller i do agree van halen 1 is a classic as i use dto have it on cassette but then i do prefer sammy hager to david lee roth

The mainstream bands have produced nothing but rubbish lately (in my opinion). The Taste Of Chaos tour had an awesome set of bands though.

- The Used
- Funeral For A Friend
- Story Of The Year

I can't believe I missed out on that tour because of exams. Anyone else out there catch it?

My Fav would be Irrelevent - Ascension.

Jez, are you into Sparta? (formerly At the drive in)

I also like the Amber Pacific EP ( i cant remember what its called of the top of my head)

Cog - The new normal
New Mudvayne album (can't remember title)
Spineshank - The Height of Callousness (sp?) and Self Destructive Pattern

NFI who they are, but I will be getting tickets to U2 that is a certainty!
Cheers
Gerard

Jeez, I must be getting old - Hardly recognise a band yet, except the one's I'm embarressed to mention :) .
Ocean Colour Scene were probably the last group's Cd I bought, having heard them & really enjoyed in the UK...
My teenage daughter's mad keen on Marc Bolan & David Bowie, so it's like being back in my teens here at the moment...

Yeah wolfmother are cool, but i do call them 'at the purple zepplin sabbath' :party: :super:

the 'at the' is at the drive in, if yooz older ones didnt know

yep, I've heard some Sparta songs thanks Tim. Didn't really get into it.

Sorta got the impression the two best bits of At The Drive-In were the two blokes who left to form The Mars Volta.

Thanks anyway. Looks like I'll just have to keep playing "Relationship of Command" over & over again........

Jez

I bought Dissociatives not so long ago, reckon its great.

Another different vibe i recently bought was 'Enzo' thats a cool album to chill out to, great if you liked split enz.

Latest posts

Back