Best Album Purchased This Year 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
am said:
What has 3 legs and a dick?

A drum stool.

[post="96377"][/post]​

I have heard that if you turn a drum stool upside down you can fit three drummers on it.

I have also heard that if you leave a pair of drum sticks on the dashboard of your car, then you can park in the handicapped space.

How do you get a guitarist off your front verandah?

Pay for the pizza!

Why was the guitarist homeless?

His girlfriend kicked him out!

am said:
Terry Bozzio
[post="96280"][/post]​

Ah, Missings Persons among others. May be showing my age here but I used to think that Dale Bozzio was a hottie with that weirdly coloured hair. :rolleyes: :wub:

Bit of a cross between Lene Lovich and Debby Harry. Where have all the wild chicks gone? :beerbang:

Warren -

Hey speaking of drummers.

Don't forget the mighty Ginger Baker. :beerbang: :beerbang:

Warren -

Isis - Panopticon. Despite it being released in 2004 I only bought it this year (Note the thread title says "Purchased this year").

Tim said:
am said:
What has 3 legs and a dick?

A drum stool.

[post="96377"][/post]​

I have heard that if you turn a drum stool upside down you can fit three drummers on it.

I have also heard that if you leave a pair of drum sticks on the dashboard of your car, then you can park in the handicapped space.
[post="96383"][/post]​

am said:
How do you get a guitarist off your front verandah?

Pay for the pizza!

Why was the guitarist homeless?

His girlfriend kicked him out!
[post="96385"][/post]​

The Drumming ones were very cruel ;) but 'bring-on' the Guitarist ones :)
Cat Empire's 2 CDs are being played in the car CD this week.

Dave Grohl is up amongst the great drummers too,
Listen to the PROBOT album,its the ultimate metal fest......

Brau, Dave Grohl is a top drummer! Very tight.

Bindi, I had to seek out guitarist jokes when I kept getting smashed with the drummer jokes! Needed something to throw back.

Couldn't find much on bassists from memory..........................mustn't be important enough to have jokes made :p ................Hi Linz! :D

P&k it s my opion about metalica that after the black albun\m they were crap as my favourite metalica album is master plus like pantera after far beyond driven i think its crap but one band who still produce the goods is fear factory and i cant forget the best Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you Jaz

...but Hero of the Day from "load" was the pearl amongst the shit...

after that, nothing but shit

Jazman said:
i cant forget the best Iron Maiden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="96436"][/post]​

Iron Maiden are a long way above any other metal band mentioned in this thread.

TBQH I have never understood the Metallica phenomenon. I loved Kill 'Em All, at the time it sounded almost like the Ramones playing Black Sabbath songs. Part punk, part heavy metal and part glam was a lot of fun. Master of Puppets was also a good album, certainly more intresting that their others.

One of the disappointing things about Metallica's dominance was a lot of more interesting Bay Area and German thrash bands of the time were obscured. Bands like Celtic Frost deserve a lot more credit than they get.

bindi said:
Cat Empire's 2 CDs are being played in the car CD this week.
[post="96421"][/post]​

Yeah my wife convinced me to listen to the Cat Empire and I have to say they're one of the most entertaining acts going around at the moment. Saw them when I was in LA drinking SNPA on tap.... excellent show (or was it the beer???).

Other top albums for this year:
Brght Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning / Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
Bernard Fanning - Tea & Sympathy (not Powderfinger good but it grows on you)

probably others but I can't think in this heat. bring back winter!!!

mycle.

I prob only bought 1 album this year - Dresden Dolls. Quite enjoy the craziness of "Coin-operated boy"

re drummers: Has anyone heard of Ringo Starr? not bad, they say!

re bassists:
Q: What do U call someone who hangs around a band?
A: A bass guitarist (this joke is courtesy of my mate who is one of those people).

Seth :p

With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails (brilliant concert too)
End of Fashion - End of Fashion
Fisherman's Woman - Emiliana Torrini
Awake Is The New Sleep - Ben Lee
Goodnight Victoria - The Spoils (utterly BRILLIANT Melbourne band)

re drummers: Has anyone heard of Ringo Starr? not bad, they say!

i heard he was sh!t. they replaced him for the 1st australian tour and i read they did a lot of recordings without ringo, but he does good trains.

Carter Beauford is one smooth drummer but for some reason my fav (somewhat remeniscent of Jon Bonham) would be Martin Lee playing Kong Foo Sing on Tu Plang. (Go Aussie!)
Sounds like i like my drums : like a saucepan salesman being thrown down some stairs!

ringo wasnt replaced for the 1st aussie tour he was ill,as a drummer he isnt in the top group by any means,but for the type of music the beatles played he was certainly more than capable, a true timekeeper in his style
fergi

pu it this way, if John or Paul were sick they would have cancelled the tour!
My mate Roland is a true timekeeper :)

(i like the guitarist jokes though - amazing how many "musos" drive me around in cabs)

Ok the end of the year is near open us and I'am sitting here listening to my hero Zakk Wylde, Just got the latest Black label society album 'mafia' and man he has done it again by far the best thing I have heard that come out this year. Actually every year is always the same the BLS albums are the greatest.
Have a look at this page and check out the 'in this river' clip, a song dedicated to one of Zakk's closest friends Dimebag. I balled my eyes out.
http://www.zakkwylde.com/nwwd/mafia3.htm

Jayse

Just got a hold of the new Two Gallants album "What the Toll Tells"

Very good rockin' folk songs with great lyrics.

Jez

So do we have any society dwelling muther f'er here that downloaded that or what?
I have one hands up with johnno, sos? doc? come on you metal heads i'am waiting..........

SDMF'R
Jayse

Back