Bernzomatic Oxygen Cylinders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered the cylinder from Bunnings and the reg kit from morebeer. Went through the same search and couldn't find another source for the regulator besides the $150 Bernzomatic welding kit.

Is this reg kit you mean?

Cheers

Found the bottles at the new Masters store in Morayfield the other day for those on the northside of Brissy. $29 They are with all the welding gear and other Bernzomatic bottles. Think i might try and use the little flame torch that attaches to the top as a reg/flow control.

Has anyone used the More beer reg kit ? if so what is it ? I can seen from the picture that it comes with airstone, filter etc but what is the actual controller? Is it simply a flow control valve or is it a regulator with a pressure gauge ?

Cheers

Big E

The regulator doesn't do anything in terms of being able to "measure" the flow of O2 from the cylinder Big E. My first cylinder lasted 3 x 40lt batches as I let the reg run at full for 60 secs for each batch. With my second cylinder I plonk it on the kitchen scales and allow 10g per batch, the bottle will last approx 6 x 40lt batches. I did find a thread where someone had done the maths on grams into liters of beer and came up with parts per million. :D
Ps. It doesn't have a pressure gauge, it just controls flow.

Has anyone used the More beer reg kit ? if so what is it ? I can seen from the picture that it comes with airstone, filter etc but what is the actual controller? Is it simply a flow control valve or is it a regulator with a pressure gauge ?

Cheers

Big E

It is no longer available. The manufacturer has stopped making them.

Here is the email I recieved from fermentap.
David,

Thanks for the inquiry. The manufacturer of the regulator has stopped making these units, so demand is high and supply is low. We at this moment are trying to find a new manufacturer to produce these. Unfortunately we wont be able to supply them until we find a new source. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll be sure to help out. Cheers!

I was passing through Masters the other day and bought a bernzomatic cylinder for $29, with the plan to buy a regulator from morebeer. No idea how I will use it now.

Suggestions are welcome

Thanks for the info Razz, im looking into making one up using the small torch that attach to the top of the berzomatic bottles. Not sure if it will work the threads might be different for the different bottles. Will post back when i get down there to have a look.

I would have to go out and look at my cheepo torch that uses the same bottle, that is if it is the same here in the USA as in OZ. I seem to remember the O2 bottle has a reverse thread from the gas bottle.

All you guys buying these bernzomatic oxygen cylinders, just remember to keep oil and grease well away from the cylinder or an explosion could ocurr.

-Browndog

by that I mean, off the threads and fittings.

Found the bottles at the new Masters store in Morayfield the other day for those on the northside of Brissy. $29 They are with all the welding gear and other Bernzomatic bottles. Think i might try and use the little flame torch that attaches to the top as a reg/flow control.

Thanks for the great tip off. Dropped in there today and picked up a good supply for the future.

The regulators are back in stock at More Beer - I ordered the kit last month and got it, then I just got an email a couple of days ago advising that the regulator itself without the rest of the kit is back in stock.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/16606//Ox...le_Tanks_w_Barb

Cheers, just ordered a regulator. Plus some other goodies. Have to make the most of the postage

Finally got down there to see if the brass flame torch would fit on the oxy bottle, unfortunatley as suspected they are a different threads , which is a shame because they are almost indentical same size, same valve but the oxygen bottles are left hand thread and all the other bottles are right hand thread. Looks like the MoreBeer reg kit will have to be the way to go.

Back