Beginners Guide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsv_069

Reaction score
This has probably been done somewhere before, but with this new forum it seems like a good place to post this. Does anyone have a good link to a guide for beginners to go from kits to partials?

look at our sponsors site G and G
plenty of tips without any antidotes. ;)

I just had a look at that web site, i had know idea it was so complex, Nick goes on and on about stuff, and i just put the yep i am listening to you face on :D , maybe i should pay a little more attention to him talking about it. Then i wouldn't have to ask you all the questions on what to buy him.

I have saved the link, so when i have time i'll give it a read. He might just convert me yet :lol: . A family brewing together...umm does it happen? lol

I just had a look at that web site, i had know idea it was so complex, Nick goes on and on about stuff, and i just put the yep i am listening to you face on :D , maybe i should pay a little more attention to him talking about it. Then i wouldn't have to ask you all the questions on what to buy him.

I have saved the link, so when i have time i'll give it a read. He might just convert me yet :lol: . A family brewing together...umm does it happen? lol

Funnily enough, the 3rd edition in paperback has been sitting religiosly in the study (ie. toilet) to read each day and she never noticed.
Anyway getting back on topic, easily how to brew was what I have used along with (lets not get into vs things) the BIAB thread, some searches of the site will bring up some quite good info.

If I get time later on I might do a search and combine some into another post...

Funnily enough, the 3rd edition in paperback has been sitting religiosly in the study (ie. toilet) to read each day and she never noticed.
Anyway getting back on topic, easily how to brew was what I have used along with (lets not get into vs things) the BIAB thread, some searches of the site will bring up some quite good info.

If I get time later on I might do a search and combine some into another post...

IN THE TOILET!!! need i say more! What female do you know reads in the toilet <_<

Mrs W,

It is not as complicated as it seems at first glance and it is very hard to go wrong. It is addictive though (apart from the alcohol). Get into it before the government bans it again

cheers

Darren

Mrs W,

It is not as complicated as it seems at first glance and it is very hard to go wrong. It is addictive though (apart from the alcohol). Get into it before the government bans it again

cheers

Darren

What!! Reading on the toilet :lol: :lol:

ba boom! nice follow-up InCider

Not real sure about them Wambesi folk....well, they are from Melbourne

;)

Flush!?
It is amazing how this "new forum" stinks of expert advice to the more mundane necessities of life!

It does happen. There's a lady brewer who posts here called Katie who brews with her larger half.
My larger half helps with capping! :rolleyes: Sometimes.
He's never even seen me mash. I think he thinks if I thought he knew how to do it I'd make him do it. :)

And historically it was the woman's job to make the ale for the family.

He's never even seen me mash. I think he thinks if I thought he knew how to do it I'd make him do it. :)

Plus if you did make him do it there would always be the danger that he would employ the time-honoured male strategy of doing it badly so you don't want him to do it again ;)
I've heard some men do this... :p

Probably the best one out there:
www.howtobrew.com

After clicking 'Enter' click the 'Site Map' link

Ok the point at which I'm getting confused right now.

I read through this, and it seemed to go into a lot of scientific detail about WHY the process occurs the way it does.

It didn't explain a damn thing about WHAT TO DO!

It's like having an instruction manual telling you the complex process of how your new motorbike works via combustion engine, but doesn't tell you how to start the bloody motor. :p

Ok the point at which I'm getting confused right now.

I read through this, and it seemed to go into a lot of scientific detail about WHY the process occurs the way it does.

It didn't explain a damn thing about WHAT TO DO!

It's like having an instruction manual telling you the complex process of how your new motorbike works via combustion engine, but doesn't tell you how to start the bloody motor. :p
Here's a couple of books I find come in handy.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Homebre...n/dp/0060531053
http://www.amazon.com/Brewing-Classic-Styl...s/dp/0937381926

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou gentlemen! :D

I also finally came up with the late blooming dull spark of an idea to check out youtube, where some canadian bloke is just telling me and showing me how to do it. Why did I not think of this earlier? Old age must be getting the better of me. :p

If you mean Craig from craigtube then yeah, he got me through my first brew.. Then I found AHB and that was the end of me :S

There's a sticky/airlocked thread in the allgrain section of this site called Partial Mash Starter.

Back