Beginner Kegging Set-up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hire a keg from BOC 9.5kg I think and I have had it about 13 months and havnt refilled it yet. Its about $12 a month and I think a refill is about $30??? never had it done so not to sure.

I run 2 kegs its a pain as I usually got more beer to ferment then thats on tap so they sit in cube or fermenter longer so 4 would be ideal I can deal with 2 but 4 would be great.

i just had a new refill and it was $46 for the regular cellar mix from BOC. i was running 6 kegs (now down to 3) and it typically lasts 12 - 18 months...

I have a 6.2KG mykegsonlegs bottle. It's 50$ for a swap n go style refill. 300$ upfront.

So after 2 years I'm pretty much in front over renting and since it's a swap n go type system the bottle will never 'expire' as it keeps on getting replenished

I have a 6.2KG mykegsonlegs bottle. It's 50$ for a swap n go style refill. 300$ upfront.

So after 2 years I'm pretty much in front over renting and since it's a swap n go type system the bottle will never 'expire' as it keeps on getting replenished

that's a good deal. where do you go for that? wondering if there's an equivalent here in Vic...

that's a good deal. where do you go for that? wondering if there's an equivalent here in Vic...

my micromatic with a red dial has reverse thread and isn't compatible with any other fittings, valves etc...

brewers den in boronia will do a keg king 6kg cylinder for $350 with a $50 dollar exchange.

Ive just been through the process of buying a keg set up. I watched evilbay for a couple of months and found kegs and associated gear in melbourne went for as much or more than you can get it retail once you factor in collecting the stuff and buying seal kits etc. you might fluke it for an ebay bargain, but in two months I didnt see anything go for a price that made it worth leaving the house.

The best deal on kegs from my research is a draw between mybeershop.com.au. and craft brewer. Both $60 ber keg. mybeershop kegs are cleaned, re-sealed and pressure tested but you pay for postage, arround $20. Craftbrewer will post 4 kegs for free with seal kits included, but you have to clean the kegs yourself and they havent been tested. I went with craftbrewer. kegs needed the seal kits and one needs a new gas post but that what you expect for second hand kegs, theyve been used and knocked about.

The best deal i could find for gas was the 2.6kg keg king bottle off ebay. $160 plus $20 postage. swap and go exchange at the brewers den.

I cant comment on regs. I bought a micromatic on the basis of buy the quality and buy it once. gas line, couplings etc are all much of a muchness unless you want to inport as has been mentioned. Craftbrewer looked after me on local pricing of all parts once i spoke to them about ordering a system.

I bought one of the plastic bronco taps because my funds were limited and they were recomended to me. its not impressive to look at, but for getting beer from your keg into a glass im quite happy with the performance and the $60+ thats still in my pocket from not buying the stainless pluto gun.

I bought one of the plastic bronco taps because my funds were limited and they were recomended to me. its not impressive to look at, but for getting beer from your keg into a glass im quite happy with the performance and the $60+ thats still in my pocket from not buying the stainless pluto gun.
bronco tap is that just the little black plastic tap?

Just ordered my set up from mybeershop.com 2 kegs reg lines disconnects delivered for $255 pretty good I think, can't wait!

Kegged my brew today, heaps of fun and so much easier then bottling

only had one hiccup which was relizing i had the connects on the wrong way around just before it was time to gas it up!

ended up buying my own co2 bottle from brewers den, got a kegsonlegs 4.5kg for $310

all up i was set up with 2 kegs and everything i need for $560

NO MORE BOTTLES! :D

better then the $410 for one keg and a pluto the LHBS wanted lol. hope you get heaps of use out of it :p

Back