Beginner Help Gold Coast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayruby

Reaction score
Hi All
I've been reading up on here for a few months and am just making the conversion to AG's with my set up nearing complete. I'm looking for someone experienced on the Gold Coast that would like to come over and give me a hand for my first attempt and show me what needs to be done.....any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi All
I've been reading up on here for a few months and am just making the conversion to AG's with my set up nearing complete. I'm looking for someone experienced on the Gold Coast that would like to come over and give me a hand for my first attempt and show me what needs to be done.....any help would be greatly appreciated

Just bumping for this newbie -- Gold Coasties & southern Brisbanites, where are you?

I'm trying to make the move to AG too so would love to come and watch, but am not much help on the tuition front.

Kev

Hi All

I reckon Chap Chap is your man, might have to organise some transport to get him home though

I will PM him for you

Paul

Yeah mate, he is fast going offf the beer, organic veges, VW beetle, I am not sure where it all ends

Yeah mate, he is fast going offf the beer, organic veges, VW beetle, I am not sure where it all ends

Watercress sandwiches, peppermint tea and wearing lycra. :eek:

@ winkle: Very OT but every time you post I think of this:

@OP : Happy to help if you want to move interstate. Just as advantageous to learn how not to do it as it is to do it.

There are a lot of GC and Brisbane brewers on the site and a decent brewclub (BABBS) so I'm sure you'll get some help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your replies, I will continue to watch this thread for any takers!

I'm trying to make the move to AG too so would love to come and watch, but am not much help on the tuition front.

Kev

Thanks Kev, when I have something sorted with a few knowledgeable people I will hook you up to come over and join us on the day! Where abouts are you on the Coast?

Hmmmmm?

How's about you come over to Chappo Manor and brew with me on my gear that way you see all the blood and guts of brewing? I'll be brewing again this weekend coming. I would have liked to have gone to your place but really can't spare the time ATM due to work and a few domestic issues is all. Or maybe bring your rig over to Chappo Manor and I can help tweak a few things for you?

Cheers

Chap Chap

cheers mate id love to come over and pick your brains. Icant believe how much knowledge is on this site,the art is alive and well .

I don't remember seeing you talk about what kind of setup you have going (apologies if you did). WOuld be worth mentioning. An experienced 3 vessel brewer might not be much help if you are BIABing for example.

I don't remember seeing you talk about what kind of setup you have going (apologies if you did). WOuld be worth mentioning. An experienced 3 vessel brewer might not be much help if you are BIABing for example.

I am going to be a 3 vessel brewer, 65 litre HLT, 65 litre mashtun, 50 litre kettle and I will be using a march pump and my whole set up is powered by electrical elements...trying to stay away from gas! I've read and looked at lots of different set ups and tried to pick the best features from all to build my own and also trying to use the KISS principle. Should be up and running in a couple of weeks, anyone out there know where I can get the best price on a march pump?

Back