Beertools Pro

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downloaded the current one just recently but have not yet had a look at it.

My mate and I have been using beer tools for some time now but it is still in the build process so if you do gat any problems or bugs let jeff konw so they can try to fix them.
I have tryed a few othert programs that where recomened to me some time ago but allways go back to beer tools. Cant wait for the final product .

Had been reviewing the previous version, received an email from Jeff advising that Beta revision 14 is ready for downloading, have not been successful in downloading yet for testing, a problem with access which they have to fix. I like it, the new revision includes a mash designer, needed this badly to be full blown brewing app.

I have always loved the online BeerTools for recipe formulation, and was pleasantly surprised when they announced that they would be creating a tool like this. I have been testing it for some months, and am very happy with the way it is progressing. The addition of a mash schedule is one of the points that is swaying me in their direction (from ProMash). All in all, I think it will be easier to use than ProMash, with a better interface. Now if the price is right...

The Shot Duck

Guys,

where do you get the beta download from? I can't find a link on the site or using google :(

I've been playing with beersmith & brewsta as i didn't find promash to be intuitive. Then again I find beersmith to be a cluttered interface. brewsta is simple & does most of what I want, but not all.

I'd like to give beertools pro a try if I can find where to get it...

Thanks & Cheers

Crozdog

They put the call out a few months ago for beta testers... don't know if it is a closed beta now or not, but you won't be able to download it unless you are part of the beta. If you can't find a reference on the site, just email jeff to find out.

They put the call out a few months ago for beta testers... don't know if it is a closed beta now or not, but you won't be able to download it unless you are part of the beta. If you can't find a reference on the site, just email jeff to find out.

Thanks.

I've dropped jeff a line.

Beers

Crozdog

Croz, could you come back to us with Jeff's reply please? I'm keen to find out as well.

Tim.

Did Jeff get back to anyone ?
Just seen some screenshots over at Northern Brewer here and it looks quite nice.
The screenshots on Beertools.com here look great too.

Beers,
Doc

Did Jeff get back to anyone ?
Just seen some screenshots over at Northern Brewer here and it looks quite nice.
The screenshots on Beertools.com here look great too.

Beers,
Doc

No response yet Doc, I emailed him on Wednesday and haven't heard back from him yet.

Cheers
Andrew

I sent a message through the contact form and lathe sent me details about how to sign up. the forum is titled "open beta" so i hope it's ok to post this here

Hi,

First, you need to have a BeerTools Forum account. (NOT your
BeerTools login)

Second, You need to be added to the hidden beta portion of the forum.
Follow this link to do so:

http://www.beertools.com/html/btpfrmjn.php

Third, you will find the beta forum once you log into the BeerTools
Forum.

The download is found inside the hidden beta forum. (You will need
to log out of the forum and then back in again.) Let me know if it
works out for you.Thanks,LatheBT Staff

Thanks,
Lathe
BT Staff

Awesome. Thanks Lucas.
All downloaded and installing.

Beers,
Doc

Thanks Lucas, downloaded and looking good.

Cheers
Andrew

downloaded, installed, formulated a recipe(Scottish 80/-), and will do a test brew with it, and also use beersmith for comparison tomorrow.

thanks lucas

?doesn't seem to have worked for me?

i logged in and out again a couple of times and i still don't see any beta forum. where is it?

Sign in to Beertools.com
Follow Lucas's link.
Follow your nose.
Enter the forums and download.

Doc

Just had a quick look at it. Looks nice. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles that ProMash or BeerSmith has yet but it is well on it's way to being a good application. I like the fact that it is cross platform too. What I really need is a Linux version though.

Back