Beertools Pro

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a quick look at it. Looks nice. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles that ProMash or BeerSmith has yet but it is well on it's way to being a good application. I like the fact that it is cross platform too. What I really need is a Linux version though.
yeah, I've only briefly looked at promash and the like, and im only just looking into doing a full extract brew/partial mash (which im sure will lead to ag as soon as i can afford a bigger pot and real burner) but this is definately looking like the simpler choice. everything else ive looked at has seemed cluttered and had bugger all support for anyone but all-grain brewers. even though I'm sure I'll be all-grain before the end of the year I think i'm sold on the simplicity alone.

I've submitted a few feature requests already :p

Doc

ah got it, for some reason i had to go back to lucas's link a second time. downloading...

I think a good feature in this software and in any other for that matter would be a guided mode or as ms would call it a wizard. Something that will step you through the process of building your recipes. It could even suggest grain and hops based upon the style of beer and, the quantity you are making and the equipment setup you have done. I think that would be invaluable for people making the move from kits to extract or all grain brewing. The brewing software can be a little counter intuitive at first and this would allow people to also look at the result of what they had done to help them understand.

Have you had success importing Promash recipes into Beertools Pro Ray ?
Everyone I've imported has gone off the scale in terms of estimated OG, bitterness, colour etc.

Doc

Edit. The same for BeerXML recipes.

ahh you guys got me all excited....

...then i found out 98SE is not supported.

You've lost me until then.

Sloth.

Wow! Just tried the Beertools pro recipe online feature in the beta. (V9.16) Works like a charm.

Last time I checked they have ovey 5,000 recipes at their site...now thats a cool feature for a brewing application.

Anyone else try it?

B

I provided feedback on the import features (Promash and BeerXML). The latest update is fixed for BeerXML/Beersmith, but they have removed Promash again :(

Beers,
Doc

Wow! Just tried the Beertools pro recipe online feature in the beta. (V9.16) Works like a charm.

Last time I checked they have ovey 5,000 recipes at their site...now thats a cool feature for a brewing application.

Anyone else try it?

B

Yeh I had a look but it appears like you can only acces your own recipes that have been saved in your my beeertools account.

I've just downloaded my copy. looks pretty good. might take a bit of getting used to but it seems pretty cool. thanks for the heads up guys.

I provided feedback on the import features (Promash and BeerXML). The latest update is fixed for BeerXML/Beersmith, but they have removed Promash again :(

Beers,
Doc

Doc,

Works fine for me. Simply use "Open" not "Import".

B

Great tip Barry. Selecting Open from the file menu for Promash files does open the file. However the import screws up the analysis, which is why I'm guessing they removed it as an option from the Import menu until they fix it.
I reported the bug a few days back along with the similar bug for BeerXML. They have fixed the BeerXML bug, but fixing it for Promash must be more difficult.

Beers,
Doc

Has anybody been able to get there head around the mash schedule feature yet? IU have set up my mash vessel specs no problems and all my temps seem good, but I can't get the runoff figures to jive, they always seem to be short

Has anybody been able to get there head around the mash schedule feature yet? I have set up my mash vessel specs no problems and all my temps seem good, but I can't get the runoff figures to jive, they always seem to be short. I should be getting 30.7 lt into the boiler but the program always gives me less. Anyone like to have a look and see what I am doing wrong :blink:
View attachment St_Peters_Brewery_Mild.xml

Cheers
Andrew

I don't want to post to them until I am sure it is a fault with the program and not just me overlooking something or not understanding the mash schedule.

I don't want to post to them until I am sure it is a fault with the program and not just me overlooking something or not understanding the mash schedule.

Ok forget I asked, just worked it out. They use volume calculations which include the volume of the grain which is what I couldn't get my head around.

Cheers
Andrew

Just signed up to play with it at work :p and all this month the new members are from here :excl:
:super:

Luke

Back