Beersmith

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam2584

Reaction score
Just wandering if there is anything on the net about how to use and set up beer smith I am a complete noob when it comes to computer programs??

Just wandering if there is anything on the net about how to use and set up beer smith I am a complete noob when it comes to computer programs??

Here is some stuff from their site, there are some threads about the setup etc, should help a bit.

I dont know what your experience level is but an understanding of the style of beer you want is essential, once you understand the style you will also know (with a little research) what grains to plug in as well as hops. The rest is tweaking to taste ie: came out not bitter enough then add more to the next recipe, but in saying that if you understand the style you will also have an idea about what levels you want bittering, flavour/aroma hop additions.

Sorry I cant be more specific as Im new to Beersmith myself but with the above in mind comes direction...

or there is always F1

<_<

thanks aye think I need to know more abotu whats in the beer I liek to drink thanks

thanks aye think I need to know more abotu whats in the beer I liek to drink thanks

by way of a learning tip.. try the RecipieDB forum.. find something to your style and plug the ingredients in to Beersmith and then tweak to suit yourself, this will go some way to pointing you in the right direction of getting grains and hops to style, as well as using the software.. do keep in mind though that others recipies may not be to your tastes so an understanding of IBU's etc is still a good starting point. ie you may grab a recipie from someone who loves high bittered beers which may not suit you.

hope this helps and may all your brewing be :icon_drool2:

:icon_cheers:

[edit] clarity

sorry not been on computer much still not had much of a play with beersmith the lic expired which is best and quickest promash or beer smith

I only use Beersmith but from what I've seen they're very very similar, and have all the same calculations and formulas.

But beersmith is coming out with version 2 this month, so I'd go with the new software. Also IIRC the developer of promash became inactive and didn't update it for like a decade, not sure if that's still the case.

been using brewmate, its free, probably not as feature filled but it's free and easy to use,
have also downloaded beersmith but not very intuitive to use . :icon_cheers:

Back