Beergun Stainless Bottle Filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it suddenly dawned on me what the beergun was missing - a simple bung to enable you to hold pressure in the bottle being filled.

Could have sworn I thought of that <_< anyway good to see it working better :D

Jye said:
it suddenly dawned on me what the beergun was missing - a simple bung to enable you to hold pressure in the bottle being filled.

Could have sworn I thought of that <_< anyway good to see it working better :D
[post="110791"][/post]​

Jye, I've no doubt it was you :D :beer:

cheers & thanks.... Ross

Ross, did you have that short a beer line when using it without the bung? I find it works OK with no bung and several metres of beer line, although you have to hold your tongue just right to minimise foaming.

Guest Lurker said:
Ross, did you have that short a beer line when using it without the bung? I find it works OK with no bung and several metres of beer line, although you have to hold your tongue just right to minimise foaming.
[post="110799"][/post]​

Yep, i tried the long line & beer foamed all up it - that's why I shortened it - didn't help much though...

Can you post a pic of the tongue position :p - I think that's where I was going wrong :D ...

Although i dont own one of these, I have read about them on US forums
One of the problems you may be having is your bottles arnt cold enough, your bottles need to be the same temperature as you beer to minimise the foaming

How long does a bottle hold gas when filled with one of these thingys?

What I am wondering is does it replace priming bottles for good?

Batz

Same time Batz, once it is in there and capped, thats where it stays. I just pour mine from the gun. Ramp down the pressure from the bottle, press gun, dribble into bottle, cap. That simple.

cheers
Darren

I don't bottle much at all now,which seems like a good reason to get one of these thingys.
Haven't had a new brew toy for a little while either :p

Batz

Jye said:

I have never been able to work out how you get the bung out without releasing said pressure. So long as your beer is cold (2 deg C) and the dispense pressure is low (just enough for a trickle) there should be no foaming.

cheers
Darren

i've seen G&G in ADL do this with their home brew in our shop option
(from what i hear of G&G elsewhere, it's/was nothing like it)
they get their client to pitch the yeast, then come back to bottle then they fill the screwtop plastic bottles with carbonated beer and drink most of them that night.

no sugar Batz

i've just used the pluto to fill bottles but i think the answer to get rid of the triple pour might be pre-chilling bottles. thats a good idea.

Darren said:
Jye said:

I have never been able to work out how you get the bung out without releasing said pressure. So long as your beer is cold (2 deg C) and the dispense pressure is low (just enough for a trickle) there should be no foaming.

cheers
Darren
[post="112996"][/post]​

I don't keep my beer at 2c, so not much use to me...

Latest posts

Back