Beerfingers Is Back From Germany

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loikar

Reaction score
Guten tag brewers,

Got back from Germany last Saturday, and I have to admit, they sure know how to make a beer!

I'll post some photos of the samples I drank, but the only thing is that i didn't get a chance to sample as much as I wanted to due to time restrictions.

My favourite was Krombacher Pils and Frankenheim Alt. My uncle in law was a becks fan and even that had a much better taste than the becks here for some reason, maybe ours comes from the states?

Beer is everywhere!, the deli, the supermarket, the zoo and pretty much any other shop you go to.
Managed to get to the wuppertal brauhaus where they make their beer onsite, pretty bloody good too! albeit cloudy as hell.
http://www.wuppertalerbrauhaus.de/

So after drinking 4 to 6 litres of beer a day (everything is in 500ml bottles) I came home to my beers....my amarillo pale was ok but everything else lacked the flavour!
I think i will need to step up my brewing and start making better beer.

The food was also incredible!, the bratwurst and bockwurst were to die for!

Anyway, will post pics as soon as I get them from my camera, video camera and phone.
The rellies thought i was a bit crazy for taking photos of every new beer i drank!

Cheers,

BF

My favourite was Krombacher Pils and Frankenheim Alt.

Coming originally from Germany, Krombacher was my parents house beer. You would always find a case in the cellar.
Our other 2 fav Pilseners were Veltins and Warsteiner.
I lived in Dusseldorf for a while and Frankenheim Alt was one of my fav's whilst there.
Can't wait for your pic's. See how many I can recognise.
c1b

The food was also incredible!, the bratwurst and bockwurst were to die for!

We spent a month kicking around that neck of the woods, central Europe, a year or so ago. Im sure all the food simply an accompaniment for the beer.
'Mehr porknuckle und Sauerkraut mein Herr?'
Vegans and teetotalers have no business in that part of the world.

...just look what it did to Hitler...

Latest posts

Back