Beerfest 2012 Is Upon Us! 10th-11th Feb 2012. Entries Now Open&#33

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourstar

doG reeB
Reaction score
It's that time of year again...

WebTopBanner.jpg

The Melbourne Brewers are once again running Beerfest at Grand Ridge Brewery, Mirboo North, Victoria from Friday 10th to Saturday 12th February 2012. Entries close 12pm Saturday 4th February 2012. http://melbournebrewers.org/index.php?opti...&Itemid=120

Make sure you check out the Beerfest website for details and the offline entry forms as they come to hand. For those wishing to enter online, compmaster is NOW OPEN via www.compmaster.com.au. By entering online you will gain a discount of $2 per entry. Secure payment is also provided by PayPal.

Entry prices for Beerfest 2012 are as follows:
Vicbrew Club members Online - $7 per entry
Vicbrew Club members Offline - $9 per entry
Non-Vicbrew Club members Online - $8 per entry
Non-Vicbrew Club members Offline - $9 per entry

Last year we had over $1500 in prizes and once again there are some great prizes on offer including the coveted prize for Champion Brewer(s)!

Those who are awarded Champion Brewer(s) will have the opportunity to brew a beer at a commercial brewery and the beer will be served on tap (further details to be confirmed shortly).

It really is a great weekend away, with plenty of social activities planned:

Friday - 9 holes of golf on the Friday arvo followed by the first flights of judging for Beerfest 2012
Saturday - Judging from 9:30AM sharp for the second and then 2PM start for the Third flights. Wrapping up with a Spit roast/BBQ on Saturday night.
Sunday - The infamous Sunday morning BBQ breakfast!

All visitors welcome! Come and sample the range of Grand Ridge microbrewed beers available on tap at the bar in the brewery-restaurant complex. The bar also features a gallery from where operations in the brewery can be viewed.

Call for Judges
We also encourage anyone interested in judging or stewarding, regardless of experience, to participate in Beerfest. Novice judges are welcome, and will be placed with more experienced judges; and stewards are always in demand.

Judging and stewarding is a great way to explore beer styles, gain an understanding of what other brewers are doing, and learn a lot that may help your own brewing.

The format includes three judging sessions:
- Friday Evening (from 7pm)
- Saturday Morning (from 9:30am)
- Saturday Afternoon (from 2:00pm)

Feel free to register your interest, further information check out the judging page or visit the following thread: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=61803

For those on a budget, camping is allowed in front of the scout hall (only 100m from the brewery) or you can try your luck in the Scout hall for a minimal fee. Grand Ridge also has a range of more luxurious accommodation options.

Offline Entry forms for 2012 are in the process of being finalised and will be posted both here and the Beerfest site once available.
Again, for those wishing to take advantage of the online entry process which is currently online and taking entries, please visit www.compmaster.com.au.

Watch this space for updates!! Mark the dates in your diaries and come along to join in the festivities!

Cheers,
Braden (Melbourne Brewers Secretary)

Mr Secretary...drop off points for entries s'il vous plait

edit: for the un-initiated punters and new comp brewers.

I'm not sure what this is.

Vicbrew Club Members.

Clarification. Persons who are financial members of a VICBREW associated club. E.g. Melbourne Brewers, Westgate, Bayside, Yarra Valley, Worthogs. All other entries fall in to the Non-Vicbrew Club members group.

In your case you're in the $7 / $9 group. B)

Vicbrew Club Members.

Clarification. Persons who are financial members of a VICBREW associated club. E.g. Melbourne Brewers, Westgate, Bayside, Yarra Valley, Worthogs. All other entries fall in to the Non-Vicbrew Club members group.

In your case you're in the $7 / $9 group. B)

Thought and hoped that was the case.

Hi Braden,
Any chance I can enter with 2 stubbies or is it strictly 1 tallie per entry.
Cheers,
Sean

Hi Sean,

Not a problem, ensure you mark your bottles 1of2 and 2of2 on the cap. Make sure both bottles have identical entry forms/qr codes attached to them offline/online respectively. (i'll be doing the same for an entry as well. You're not the first person to enter in this manner.) B)

Hi Sean,

Not a problem, ensure you mark your bottles 1of2 and 2of2 on the cap. Make sure both bottles have identical entry forms/qr codes attached to them offline/online respectively. (i'll be doing the same for an entry as well. You're not the first person to enter in this manner.) B)

Excellent :)

So when i tried to go to the beerfest\compmater beerfest thingy , i got this...

user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 query: SELECT COUNT(*) as num from `specialaccess` where `compinstid`=0 AND `uid`=; in /webroot/c/o/compm001/compmaster.com.au/www/sites/all/modules/CompMaster/compmaster_core/core_database.inc on line 246.

Don't anyone tell the-new-darren :ph34r:

user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 query: SELECT COUNT(*) as num from `specialaccess` where `compinstid`=0 AND `uid`=; in /webroot/c/o/compm001/compmaster.com.au/www/sites/all/modules/CompMaster/compmaster_core/core_database.inc on line 246.

Thanks Ferg,

Ive got El Presidente looking into it.

Thanks Ferg,

I'm taking a look at it. Have sent a PM for more details...

Cheers!

Andy

Am i the only person wondering about this oxymoron?

It's only been the norm for all competitions for as long as I can remember.

Maybe next year we will take online entries by allowing entrants to download, print, fill out and then scan the offline entry into compmaster? :p

Hi Everyone!

Reminder that Beerfest 2012 entries must be completed and dropped off at points noted in the first post by midday this saturday the 5th Feb.

Entries can still be completed offline form or discounted via www.compmaster.com.au

Cheers! B)

Hi Everyone!

Reminder that Beerfest 2012 entries must be completed and dropped off at points noted in the first post by midday this saturday the 5th Feb.

Entries can still be completed offline form or discounted via www.compmaster.com.au

Cheers! B)
Just got my entries in. Looking forward to heading down for the weekend. :icon_chickcheers:

Back