Beer Style Tastings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm out....my apologies Linz. Was looking forward to it too.
Big Kev IS coming down for the promised fishing trip and we will be drifting Batemans Bay all weekend for lizards.

Looking forward to the next one though, and Franko I wanna molest your yeast fridge.... might take you up on that offer for the Cali ale yeast. Actually, you got anything to suit a Belgian Smoked Ale?

Should have also mentioned that those around C'town can catch the 891 bus from C'town Station to Glen Alpine shops and walk towards the golf club

Thanks to Pumpy, Matti and Lagers for fronting...hope you learnt something. Sorry for my delivery of info..tad boring I suppose...

Any how the next one is the 14th of June at Franko's..tasting light lagers and Pilseners..and discussing malt and its assoc processes..

are we going to have 10 people there this time??..need to know so as to purchase sufficient beers for the tasting

Thanks to Pumpy, Matti and Lagers for fronting...hope you learnt something. Sorry for my delivery of info..tad boring I suppose...

Any how the next one is the 14th of June at Franko's..tasting light lagers and Pilseners..and discussing malt and its assoc processes..

It was good Linz , I think your bit was important in understanding what someone is looking for when establishing if the beer is too style, and the process they use.

Little Square's put on some nice nibbles and disposed of the beer that was left . ;)

Thanks both of you for organising and hosting the evening.

Pumpy :)

Morning tea and head clear.

It was good Linz , I think your bit was important in understanding what someone is looking for when establishing if the beer is too style, and the process they use.
Little Square's put on some nice nibbles and disposed of the beer that was left . wink.gif
Well done Mel.
+1
Great hospitality and great pointers on how to break up the mental notes of the actual tasting.
Looking forward to further educate my self and my palate. :)

Sorry I coudn't make it. I was lookin g forward to going but the missus got sick and would not have been able to handle both the kids

See you at the next one

Kabooby :)

Any how the next one is the 14th of June at Franko's..

Me thinks Franko may have an issue with this date...wonder if he can do the Sunday..if the rest can..

Matti, we may have to see which other Sat is available...

So how many are fronting for the next one??

I NEED to know so I can purchase sufficient 'samples'...hehehe

the list as was..if any one else in the area wants in add your name

1. Linz
2. Little_Squares
3. Lagers
4. macc2254
5. Kabooby
6. Pumpy
7. Franko
8. MCT
9. Matti
10. beernography
11. Dravid
12. Hogan

1. Linz
2. Little_Squares
3. Lagers
4. macc2254
5. Kabooby
6. Pumpy
7. Franko
8. MCT
9. Matti
10. beernography
11. Dravid
12. Hogan

Sunday suits better for me too.

Matti

Sat 14th no good here. Got a 50th to go to

Edit: Congratulations on 1000 posts Matti :super:

Me thinks Franko may have an issue with this date...wonder if he can do the Sunday..if the rest can..

Matti, we may have to see which other Sat is available...

So how many are fronting for the next one??

I NEED to know so I can purchase sufficient 'samples'...hehehe

the list as was..if any one else in the area wants in add your name

1. Linz
2. Little_Squares
3. Lagers
4. macc2254
5. Kabooby
6. Pumpy
7. Franko
8. MCT
9. Matti
10. beernography
11. Dravid
12. Hogan

Sunday the 15th is fine at my place

Franko

registering interest at Linz's suggestion, but not for the next one - have to get exams out of the way first. Might be interesting getting back to Parramatta from Campbelltown with half a skinful when I do manage it though...

registering interest at Linz's suggestion, but not for the next one - have to get exams out of the way first. Might be interesting getting back to Parramatta from Campbelltown with half a skinful when I do manage it though...

See post #38..... ;)

So...you get a bunch of brewers together, provide beer, and expect everyone to be in a fit state to drive home afterwards? I'm not saying it's not possible, just maybe a tad optimistic :p Once the whistles are wet on the top shelf stuff there's got to be someone thinking "perhaps we'll just crack a few of these spare weizens...".

EDIT: That may all give the wrong impression. I'm perfectly capable of restraint, as I'm sure we all are, but I like to plan for contingencies.

also the odd spare bed around too....

always the city via Granville train and change for the western line at Granville ......dont forget to sit near the guard for your safety.!!

Should be able to make it for this one. What time do you think it'll kick off Franko?

Can I add it to the yahum calendar???

Back