Beer Review: Gage Roads Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbock

Braugesell
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just sampled my first bottle of the Gage Roads IPA, and without wasting words I thought it was superb!

West Coast is definitely leading the way as far as interesting commercial beer in AUS.

Has anyone else out there tried this beer and liked it?

Cheers :rolleyes: !

Heya, blackbock
I havent tried the IPA yet, will be on the look for it now.
I did try their Pale Ale ( i think ?) ;) at the Beer Fest in Syd when i was gettin a bit hazzy, and it didnt impress me much. But yeah i will look for the IPA !

Blackbock,

I haver also tried this beer and found it to be very nice indeed. I was very impressed with it. I tried a few of their other beers at the Beer festival Oct long weekend but thought the IPA was by far the best. Definately one that I will go again.

Cheers

HK :party:

they have no pale ale. there are 2 others

german style lager. hoppy and bitter. very good.

pils. weakish mid strength 'pils'

homekegger1,
Did it come close to any of the beers th HB stand had ? :p

Come on now, how can any beer made commercially come close to those that we craftsmen create in the privacy of our castles. :p

Cheers

HK :beerbang:

Just got back from a week holi in freo and was very impressed with the beer produced and available in the place. Little Creatures is a million times better drunk from the teat!! :beer: When not at the micro's the bottle-o's are generally well stocked with imported top line beers. I felt like dropping to my knees and worshiping the fridge at the Freo Doctor that stocked, aventinus, youngs double choc, fullers HP, Tim Tay Landlord, fursty ferret, holy ail, belhaven etc etc ( no affil etc) (though they were $8 each). Could have spent a month there trying all the things on offer.
Back to the point; the Gage Road IPA was OK. For mine it was under hopped, although I think we home brewers tend to develop more of a desire for that sort of thing. Still a far cry from the five islands IPA for mine, now there we have hops!!

Back