Beer Review-cleanskin Premium

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staggalee

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this beer?
$30 a carton, full strength, 330 mill. imported {from where I don`t know}, sold as "Cleanskin Premium"
{if it`s like some of the cleanskin wines, it might be a bit howyagoin` tho.}

staggalee

It's not an Aldi beer, sans label is it?

I've heard they can be a bit rough.

I recall someone posting an ad for it on here a little while back...could have been first choice from memory. From Asia???

It's not an Aldi beer, sans label is it?

I've heard they can be a bit rough.
I'm pretty sure the Aldi "Premium" beer (the one with ships on the label) is just brewed by the people who make Tui, one of the most vile beers I've ever tasted and that includes my awful first attempts a K&K brewing that were brewed at around 30 degrees and left in the barrel for nearly two months before bottling.
I think if a company won't put their name on a beer they make you can assume it will be awful.

I'm shocked that they're trying to flog it off for $30.

:icon_offtopic: off topic but I am constantly surprised by what some bottlos try to palm off at inflated sums.

Carton of Maes (a belgian) were only $40 at first choice, but my local (who I try to support when stocks are low) had a 6 pack at $30.

The local Liquorland had Maes for $30 a slab. I enjoyed this beer, but they arent stocking it now.

Im currently drinking Hollandia that I got for $31 per slab. Its beer than the brewed under license beer that you buy for twice the price.

Ouch on the Maes. I've was buying 6'ers of them for $10 at the local liquorland earlier in the year.

Are there any 'legals' on the bottles? Alc/vol, Standard drinks, etc.

but my local (who I try to support when stocks are low) had a 6 pack at $30.

The locals suck, always trying to scam as much extra as they can get away with. I did a little "shop" in one recently and ended up paying $23 or more for a 6 of LCBA!

Saw the premium clean skin at a bottleshop tonight while out at dinner, it was 2 bucks a stubby so i thought i would try one, apparently it is a Korean Beer Highto or something, i didn't quite catch it, no preservatives either apparently. Not a bad drop.

Saw the premium clean skin at a bottleshop tonight while out at dinner, it was 2 bucks a stubby so i thought i would try one, apparently it is a Korean Beer Highto or something, i didn't quite catch it, no preservatives either apparently. Not a bad drop.

if it's Hite, tell me where I can buy it by the truck load. It's all I drank in Korea, it's like the VB of Seoul :D

hite-beer.jpg

there's small Korean grocery stores that sell it under the counter for ~$1 per can :)

lol - that should read "most Korean grocery stores", but the price varies wildly. Ditto soju.

Cheers - Fermented.

Hi Folks,

Only new here and was doing a search on the Premium Imported Cleanskin Beer, i have done some digging around on this beer as in Queensland it is going great guns, it is distributed by a company in Orange NSW and has been designed for the independant hotel owners and retail groups to have a point of difference against the chain dominance. The beer is 100% naturally brewed with Cascade Hops and is preservative free. Its 4.5% ALC/VOL and in 330ml bottles, brewed by the Hite Brewery in Korea, most places around are selling it for $30.00 per ctn. There is a website for the beer and it is
www.premiumcleanskinbeer.com.au

it takes you to the supplier so i suppose if you email them they can advise you of its location.

Cheers
PBL

Ummm, is it just me or is this Hite brand screaming "...there, fixed that for you."
I.e. SHite.

Sorry, I really should try it before I slag it, but I couldn't resist...

I bought a carton from First Choice in Capalaba in Brisbane. Awesome stuff. 4.5% lager, imported from Korea, $29 carton. Good for my uni student budget. Just wish Australian brewers can get their beer that cheap.
Only bad thing about it is it's not a twist top - but then again, Crownies aren't either, so I feel a bit posh hahaha.

G

Hi Folks,

Only new here and was doing a search on the Premium Imported Cleanskin Beer, i have done some digging around on this beer as in Queensland it is going great guns, it is distributed by a company in Orange NSW and has been designed for the independant hotel owners and retail groups to have a point of difference against the chain dominance. The beer is 100% naturally brewed with Cascade Hops and is preservative free. Its 4.5% ALC/VOL and in 330ml bottles, brewed by the Hite Brewery in Korea, most places around are selling it for $30.00 per ctn. There is a website for the beer and it is
www.premiumcleanskinbeer.com.au

it takes you to the supplier so i suppose if you email them they can advise you of its location.

Cheers
PBL

^Interesting first (and only) post.

+1. I've never heard anything good about Hite and most of the reviews I've seen scream sHite.

Ummm, is it just me or is this Hite brand screaming "...there, fixed that for you."
I.e. SHite.

Sorry, I really should try it before I slag it, but I couldn't resist...

FYI, If it's based out of Orange then it'd be D'Aquinos Liquor doing the distribution.

Bought a carton for $30 from liquorland today if its a decent drop ill buy another carton. :icon_cheers:

It cannot be any worse than hammer and tongs **** thats vile the last stubbie i had smelt of solvents. :icon_vomit:

Back