Beer Mile

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Was looking for something via google this morning when I stumbled across BeerMile.
Bascially it involves running a mile and drinking a beer every quarter mile.

Sounds like a great Uni Orientation event :p

Doc

How do we enter this game,,, How you say chunder mile,, This sounds like a lot of fun burp

Please send me the entry forms :beer:

bjay

Sounds like the sort of thing the Hash House Harriers (a drinking club with a running problem) would do.

I did the 10/20 (10 pubs, 20Km) run last year, it wasn't that tough.

I did the 10/20 (10 pubs, 20Km) run last year, it wasn't that tough.
I think the secret to that is being able to comfortably run the 20kms whilst sober, before attempting to do it when drinking :lol:

The old Beer Mile (www.beermile.com) is getting a bit of a following in different parts. The rules are pretty simple - 1 can/bottle of beer, followed by 1 lap of a standard running track, repeat three more times. There is a 10m skull-zone in which your beer must be consumed, no chundering is permitted and if someone does puke they have to do another lap for their efforts. I happen to know some athletic-types who partake in a beer mile event in Adelaide that is held each Anzac Day, and the winning time is generally around the 7mins 30 sec -ish. Part of the trick with this is obviously keeping the beer down and the running pace up as the race unfolds... It does pay if you can run a bit, but I have seen plenty of guys and girls who can run a lot faster than me take 15+mins to finish the beer mile epic...

Ed - Spullink

I've done a 1/2 marathon and couldnt think of much worse than 13 beers to accompany it...

All this reminds me of the Mumbles Mile we used to do at University in Swansea, (Old South) Wales. 14 Pubs situated on a single road, a mile from the start to the finish at a particularly awful club. Sadly several of the pubs shut down, but it's still a challenge...

I used to umpire football and we did a similar thing for our last training night.

5km run with 5 pubs. The pubs were at different distances apart - like 2 were next door to each other.

The rules were 1 beer per pub, but those who were umpiring the Grand Finals had to drink 2 pots of coke.

Coke was harder cause of the gas.

It was a great night.

Latest posts

Back