Beer List For Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waggastew

Reaction score
I have had a few occasion of late when I have had friends/family staying and wanting to try some homebrew. Because I bottle and don't drink alot I tend to have about 7-8 different types of my homebrew available in the fridge at any one time. Anyway, I got sick of listing them off and answering a million questions so I did up a little tasting sheet, like you get at brew pubs. Its been received well so I thought it might inspire some other brewers to do the same so I have attached it.

Stew

View attachment Stew_s_Brews_Menu__Winter_2011.doc

Prices change based on who it is:

My Dad - Free, still 'paying off' 18 years of Bed and Board

My Mates - A little ego massage for the head brewer

The bloke I work with who I 'contract brew' the odd Dark Ale - Cost + 10%

Looks good man, makes me want another beer. Also love the word eclectic...think I just found my word of the week...now ill see how many times I can use it

I am actually a teacher so I like to weave the odd 'wank' word into a school report. My favorite at the moment is 'commensurate', i.e. 'I look forward to seeing Barry achieve a result commensurate with his considerable abilities in this course'.

As for the beer list, most of them don't taste nearly as good as they sound! But hey thats marketing for ya.......

Every time my wife "commensurates" I'm not allowed to brew in the kitchen!

Smurto is an explosives expert? I'm glad I saw that today, I was going to invite him round for a brewday on the weekend.

Smurto is an explosives expert? I'm glad I saw that today, I was going to invite him round for a brewday on the weekend.

I think the official answer to that is 'he works for a non-disclosed government agency doing undisclosed research on undisclosed stuff', so my imagination ran away with me and explosives expert it was. I don't think I have released any national secrets, apologies to Dr Smurto if I did and I promise to help him look for another job :blink:

I think the official answer to that is 'he works for a non-disclosed government agency doing undisclosed research on undisclosed stuff', so my imagination ran away with me and explosives expert it was. I don't think I have released any national secrets, apologies to Dr Smurto if I did and I promise to help him look for another job :blink:

Not sure what the statute of limitations is in regards to the work mentioned above but he is now a professional wine geek. :lol: Shhh don't tell him I said that... Oh damn he is probably reading this

You've inspired me! However, I just need to think of a description for a Milk Stout as a few big weekends of drinking have diminished my stocks to nearly nothing.

Brilliant idea, I'm always struggling to describe a brew to visitors: " a bit like Fat Yak but more malty..."

Hey I had a chuckle when I saw your location. I'm one of the supers at a call centre that amongst other things does directory assistance for a well known Telco. The other night one of the staff on "the floor" put a caller through to me, she was totally unable to work out what bloody location he was looking for.
Turned out he was insisting on finding a listing in the area of "Wor Choppy" :lol:

Soon put him right.

edit: I'll be trundling through Wor Choppy next Monday on the XPT, I just found out, I'll give a wave :) I'll be the pissed guy in car B.

Nice drinks list & writeups.

I had an idea at lunch on how I can get rid of my barely drinkable knk fails with my friends... I'm gonna call them Premium. Everyone will go mental for them.

Pretty good and interesting novel descriptions of those beers.
I have sampled a number of them, and I can't disagree with any of it.

Bribie G, I'm at Wor Choppy most Tuesdays and Thursdays for golf. Sorry to miss you on the Monday, I'll be on the road driving back from a weekend in Sydney, doing the grandpa/grandkids thing at the behest of mrs warra.

Brilliant idea, I'm always struggling to describe a brew to visitors: " a bit like Fat Yak but more malty..."

Hey I had a chuckle when I saw your location. I'm one of the supers at a call centre that amongst other things does directory assistance for a well known Telco. The other night one of the staff on "the floor" put a caller through to me, she was totally unable to work out what bloody location he was looking for.
Turned out he was insisting on finding a listing in the area of "Wor Choppy" :lol:

Soon put him right.

edit: I'll be trundling through Wor Choppy next Monday on the XPT, I just found out, I'll give a wave :) I'll be the pissed guy in car B.

Bribie, don't tell me you are going to be 'that bloke' on the XPT? I remember getting the overnight XPT between Sydney and Wagga (my home town) and there would inevitably be some bloke downing cans of VB at a rapid rate at Goulburn and would be chucked off at Yass for pissing in the vestibule or touching up old ladies........oh wait, you probably don't drink VB ;) . Is homebrew covered in the XPT 'Terms & Conditions'?

Warra, you are generous as always!

Back