Beer Line - Anyone Seen This Before?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger mellie

Defender of the WW - Scars to prove it.
Reaction score
My neighbor who is getting into kegging showed me his setup the other day - the first thing I noticed was a different type of beer line - used both for gas and beer.

Definitely 6mm ID - fits on a barb nicely. The internal pipe looks polished - the picture doesnt show it well but there is a definite difference in material between the inner and outer.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this? I wonder if it is food and beverage grade thats why I ask.

RM

Looks like the kind of reinforcing you find inside PVC hosing. I'd be wanting to make sure it's food-grade...

sap.

Looks like the pressure hose they sell at bunnings. I'm pretty sure its food grade.

I'm pretty sure its the same as I use on my mashtun connections. Found at bunnings and says foodsafe up to 65degrees (I've been willing to take my chances with a degree or two).

As per the replies above bloke it looks like the hose I use for my brewery (albeit 12mm thinner). Mine is branded Alfagomma and has a little food symbol on it as a statement of it being food safe.
The same supplier (Couplers in O'Connor) has food grade pneumatic line that I grabbed for my gas @ 75c per metre :beerbang:

The beer lines one can get over here are looking similar. They have an inner layer made of Polyurethan.

Polyurethan is food grade.

:icon_cheers:

Similar hoses I use around the brewery at the moment, albeit also larger diameter - I found it at Clarke Rubber (no affiliation, etc) - it even had appropriate text along the tubing confirming food and temp ratings.

I would have thought as a beer/gas line, it would not be the cheapest option though. :ph34r:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm sure it is food grade - he was sold it by a crowd who did the whole fridge/font/co2 bottle/reg so I assume they know what they are doing.

I just thought all beer/gas line was the polished Beva/Flexmaster stuff.

Certainly looks the part in any case.

RM

Latest posts

Back