Beer in Hawaii?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surly

Reaction score
Hey all, I am headed to Oahu in a couple of days.
Anyone been? Got recommendations of where it is good to drink?

Also, any tips for decent beers available (hotel has a fridge and kitchen) would be great.

Surly.

Sweet link Jez.
Seems like a good opportunity to sample some American craft that isn't around here.
Looking forward to the trip :D

My dad went to Hawaii and came back very chuffed at the selection - and he certainly didn't have to go out of his way to find good beer.

Try Maui Coconut Porter..ver nice also u can pick up a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada for about $8 in the supermarkets

It is brewed in Maui in Kanapali

I DO like a brewpub :)

Probably going to divide my time between the water, hiking and various beer related activities. Might sleep some too.

Kona beer is not bad. You can get it all over. I liked the wailua wheat quite a bit. Their pale (Fire Rock?) is also not bad.

surly said:
I DO like a brewpub :)

Probably going to divide my time between the water, hiking and various beer related activities. Might sleep some too.
So that leg has healed well then (IIRC)?

Mardoo said:
So that leg has healed well then (IIRC)?
The ACL reco is coming along well. Still doesn't like jogging, but I can walk all day on it (not tried any adventurous hiking though).
You sir have a decent memory.

SWMBO went to Hawaii a couple of months ago and bought me back some sweet tap handles from Kona, food for thought if your a kegger.

+1 for the yardhouse... Had a dinner there one night and nearly fell over with how many taps they have!

You can also get longnecks of SNPA over there for roughly $5 from memory

I have been there a few times and love the access to fresh USA craft beers (Tap House on Lewers St), as well as the local Hawaiian ones.

If you get over to the big island, visit the Kona Brewery and Pub...a great experience.

Brew Dogs were there and these are their ratings...

The top five craft breweries in Hawaii are:
5. Kona Brewing Co.
4. Kauai Island Brewery & Grill
3. Big Island Brewhaus
2. Honolulu Beerworks
1. Hawaii Nui Brewing Co.

The top five craft beer bars in Hawaii are:
5. Flatbread Company (pizza and beer in paradise)
4. Honu Seafood & Pizza (it’s on the beach!)
3. REAL Gastropub
2. Pint & Jigger (cocktails, too)
1. Monkeypod Kitchen

Latest posts

Back