Beer Glasses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily. This only happens if the site has been registered correctly.
Not all sites take the time to do this.
house.com.au is one such site...

Unknown Host
Description: Unable to locate the server named "house.com.au" --- the server does not have a DNS entry. Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists. Double-check the name and try again.

interesting. All I did was type house.com.au into my browser (ie9) and the page showed up.

works on chrome as well.

not really the point of the thread though.

interesting. All I did was type house.com.au into my browser (ie9) and the page showed up.
Well there you go. Must be a new feature of ie9, and chrome. Didn't work in ie8 or firefox 3.6
Looks like more recent browsers are coming to the rescue of lazy/tight IT departments ;)

I have a sand blaster shed if you want to do some glasses.

I've ordred from the Hospitality Depot a few times.
Nice thing about them is that you can order as many as you like. They don't make you buy a whole
carton of 24 or 48 glasses like other catering suppliers.

http://www.hospitalitydepot.com.au/catalog/glassware/beer

Pint glasses for $2.50 :)
Sweet link... for anyone who likes the glasses as served at Archive Beer Boutique in West End, I talked to the manager on the weekend and he told me which ones they were. Glass Crown Empire Toughened 425ml. At $1.65 a piece for a nice solid heavy toughened glass, that's pretty good value.

I spotted some in my local coles too..........Leichhardt NSW for those who want to go a hunting.

Sweet link... for anyone who likes the glasses as served at Archive Beer Boutique in West End, I talked to the manager on the weekend and he told me which ones they were. Glass Crown Empire Toughened 425ml. At $1.65 a piece for a nice solid heavy toughened glass, that's pretty good value.
I bought some of them a while back.
They really are solid and heavy glasses.

I've bought quite a variety from them.
I've been getting into some of the English beers recently so I ordered some 570ml Crown dimple mugs but they are on backorder.
Probably my favourite glass is this one...
http://www.hospitalitydepot.com.au/catalog...brasserie-425ml

I too recently purchased some Headmaster glasses from Coles in a recent special. I'm in Brisbane, and I noticed that the first poster of the runout special was in Victoria. Could be a nationwide purge of Headmaster beer glasses in Coles?

But the best glasses that I have, have been collected for "free", from my travels around Australia with my late father. We stopped at every promising looking Pub in every town we went through, and sometimes they had a promotion where for every 6 particular beers you had, you'd get a promotional glass.

We would stay in that town until we had at least half a dozen glasses.

I now have a good collection of Old Speckled Hen glasses, Coopers (ofcourse), naturally Guinness, Harp,and a few dozen more.

The Old Speckled Hen are my favourite because they remind me of Renmark, a beautiful country town with a great Pub overlooking an oversize stream, or perhaps small river.

And they remind me of the good times that I had with my father.

So you can buy your glasses from Coles/K-Mart or Myers, or you can aquire them on your journeys.

The ones aquired on your journeys will mean alot more to you.

Craftbrewer also sell them, through the pubshop site.

Jan

Back