Beer Glass Cleaning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine get the occasional run through the dishy. But most of the time i just rinse after use with really hot water and allow to air dry. Seems to do the trick. Plenty of head on my beers... commercial and homebrew equally as good

+1 I got caught up in the hype of avoiding dish washing liquid when I was first starting out. Then I progressed to stealing the glass cleaning solution from the local pub (Consisted of me showing up at 10am on a Sunday with a clean Moccona jar for a refill).

Now I'm a strictly hot water man, and occasional cranky prick when the missus puts them in the dishwasher.

I have read enough on this site from those more experienced than I to believe that detergent doesn't hurt, but old habits die hard.

Three things touch the inside of my beer glasses.
Clean hot, hot water in a clean sink.
A clean dishcloth.
Beer.
No head problems here, in either department.
Seems to get the hop oils off my glasses now I just gotta find out how I'm gonna get them outa my beer.

mine get the occasional run through the dishy. But most of the time i just rinse after use with really hot water and allow to air dry. Seems to do the trick. Plenty of head on my beers... commercial and homebrew equally as good
+2

Occasional dishy wash to make sure I'm not growing germs in there, hot water and elbow grease in b/w.

and occasional cranky prick when the missus puts them in the dishwasher.

haha :lol: :lol: i do the exact same thing "grrr.. don't put it in the dishwasher you'll ruin my glasses!!"
she doesn't care... just rolls her eyes at me

Three things touch the inside of my beer glasses.
Clean hot, hot water in a clean sink.
A clean dishcloth.
Beer.
No head problems here, in either department.
Seems to get the hop oils off my glasses now I just gotta find out how I'm gonna get them outa my beer.

Make that 4,

I forgot a specially allocated one of those green non-scratch scourer pads that I give them a scrubbing with in the hot water, using a fork to get it into those unreachable parts of some of my glasses.

Make that 4,

I forgot a specially allocated one of those green non-scratch scourer pads that I give them a scrubbing with in the hot water, using a fork to get it into those unreachable parts of some of my glasses.
The fork makes it 5 Boagsy

The fork makes it 5 Boagsy

No, it's wrapped inside the scourer so it doesn't actually touch the glass, which I make all attempts to avoid.
Unless of coarse I'm careless while I'm cleaning and in that case it could be 5, but very rarely.

Latest posts

Back