Beer Finnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you saying you plan to drink them from the bottle? This is the best way known to get as much yeast as possible into every mouthful. With homebrew it is usually advisable to carefully pour the bottle out in one go into a glass of jug.

Up to you, of course.

Yeah, when I bottled I was always preferred to pour into a glass. Why wouldn't you want to see the colour, clarity, head retention etc of your brewing skills? When I buy the odd 6 pack of imported/micro I always pour the bottles into glass. You are missing out on aroma/flavour by just drinking from the bottle. :beerbang:

You are missing out on aroma/flavour by just drinking from the bottle.
That isn't even the issue as he's already said he doesn't care about that. The issue is that every swig will stir up more of the sediment he is trying to avoid.

So it sounds like I need a new glass to drink my homebrew out of by the sounds of things. Hey, I guess I can handle that!! Thanks for all your advice people.

Ferment until it's done. Use your hydrometer to know if it's finished or not.

Exploding bottles are not only undrinkable, they are dangerous.

Read John Palmers How to Brew - it'll answer virtually all your questions, even the ones that haven't yet come up.

EDIT: How to Brew is no longer online.

Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

Latest posts

Back