Beer Cheese

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roylee

Reaction score
Enjoy your recipes and thought you might like one from the central U.S. that uses homebrew. Our bunch thinks it's the best of dips.
3/4 bottle of your favorite homebrew. Let sit at room temp until flat (but not stale... an hour or so). I like an amber ale for this, my wife prefers Irish red. Use whatever beer you like.
1 lb sharp cheddar, grated
1/4 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp worchesteshire (bourbon also works well)
dash of black pepper
bit of salt
pinch of cayenne (optional)

Put all but beer in a food processor and pulse until lightly mixed. With processor on low speed slowly add beer thru the food chute until blended. Put in covered container and referigerate for a day or two to blend flavors. Excellent with pretzels or crackers, etc.. This a good recipe to tinker with... we sometimes add a clove of crushed garlic, or dry mustard, and of course the taste changes depending on which kind of beer you use. (if this recipe has been posted I apologize. Read several pages and didn't see it.)

Enjoy your recipes and thought you might like one from the central U.S. that uses homebrew. Our bunch thinks it's the best of dips.
3/4 bottle of your favorite homebrew. Let sit at room temp until flat (but not stale... an hour or so). I like an amber ale for this, my wife prefers Irish red. Use whatever beer you like.
1 lb sharp cheddar, grated
1/4 medium onion, chopped
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp worchesteshire (bourbon also works well)
dash of black pepper
bit of salt
pinch of cayenne (optional)

Put all but beer in a food processor and pulse until lightly mixed. With processor on low speed slowly add beer thru the food chute until blended. Put in covered container and referigerate for a day or two to blend flavors. Excellent with pretzels or crackers, etc.. This a good recipe to tinker with... we sometimes add a clove of crushed garlic, or dry mustard, and of course the taste changes depending on which kind of beer you use. (if this recipe has been posted I apologize. Read several pages and didn't see it.)

Sounds great. Never heard of anything like that before. I bet its very moorish with a platter of cheese, crusty bread n crackers.....oh and beer of course. Thanks for posting.
Cheers
Steve

Back