Beer And Gas Line Clamps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpadden

Reaction score
afternoon all,

When I got my kegging system it came along with those simple stainless hose clamps that are meant to be squeezed together with a pair of pincers.

I am making a few changes to the system and need to buy some more of these. Is there something easier to use than these and cheaper. They are $2 a pop at my LHBS which is daylight robbery. Does Bunnings have anything useful for this size line?

butterfly hose clamps from bunnings

butterfly-hose-clamp-387626.jpg

come in diff sizes

thank me later

I don't use them at all, it depends on what line your using though I guess. I use the opaque (sp?), hard line and I have to soak it in hot water so it fits over the barbs, gives a tight seal and haven't had any leaks yet.

Edit: Those clamps would be go though if you need to use them, at least you wont have to keep buying em'

afternoon all,

When I got my kegging system it came along with those simple stainless hose clamps that are meant to be squeezed together with a pair of pincers.

I am making a few changes to the system and need to buy some more of these. Is there something easier to use than these and cheaper. They are $2 a pop at my LHBS which is daylight robbery. Does Bunnings have anything useful for this size line?

I'm all for supporting the LHBS, but I had to pay $20 for a gass disconnect in an emergency last week. I think $2 for a tiny clamp is really pushing the friendship as well.

I think my purchases are going to be limited to DME for my starters and other small bits and bobs now.

I like the stepless clamps but your getting ripped off at $2 a pop. Check out the sponsors at the top of the page and you will be changing where you purchase them from.

afternoon all,

I got 20 for $5 us here: http://www.brewersdiscount.com/productCat15952.ctlg

The only problem is that the guy is sometimes very slow processing orders & answering email but his prices are great and I have no complaints about him other than that :icon_cheers: .

afternoon all,

I think we shop at the same LHBS, they were $1 last time I purchased some off him (2 months ago).. Funny how prices fluctuate! Since then I purchased some more off one of the online retailers for $0.50c a pop

I think we shop at the same LHBS, they were $1 last time I purchased some off him (2 months ago).. Funny how prices fluctuate! Since then I purchased some more off one of the online retailers for $0.50c a pop

Yeah was quoted $2 at the LHBS near my work which is easier to get to during the week. Just looked up the price nearer to home and they are 95c which is a bit better.

I like the look of these butterfly clamps though :)

Yeah was quoted $2 at the LHBS near my work which is easier to get to during the week. Just looked up the price nearer to home and they are 95c which is a bit better.

I like the look of these butterfly clamps though :)

Ahh.. Most likely a different shop then.. And I though $1 was expensive.

I don't think the butterfly clips will be cehaper than that however you do get more than one use out of them

The stepless clamps are better but those little hose clamps do the job. I grabbed a few stepless clamps from Ross last time I ordered.

Hey peoples, I am looking for some butterfly or screw clamps for my gas line. The steepless clamps that everyone sells, shit me to tears. Bunning or any of the Homebrew shops I frequent don't have an alternative to the steepless. Ideas?

Why don't you like stepless?

The good thing about them is they create pressure equally, 360 degrees.

The bad thing is they're a bit of a prick to get off, and the crimping tool can be expensive... oh, and the o-clamps are a ******* to buy, outside of 100 units, or getting them shipped from KegKing or CraftBrewer.

Outside of that though, they're awesome... ;)

The reason I hate these godforsaken dumb-ass of an idea, is because I can not use them. Could someone point me in the direction of a video that shows close up how they work?

butterfly hose clamps from bunnings

butterfly-hose-clamp-387626.jpg

come in diff sizes

thank me later

+1
I have a heap of these and different sizes. They are fantastic, I also use them for clamping the hose to the urn

The reason I hate these godforsaken dumb-ass of an idea, is because I can not use them. Could someone point me in the direction of a video that shows close up how they work?
I made the mistake of buyng the real deal Oetiker tool from ebay for around $60-odd, but Keg King sell 'em for $20, although the bloke there reckons you can get by with normal wire cutters, pincing both sides.

I'd just buy the Keg King crimper... piece of piss mate, you just put the crimper over the top of the ear and squeeze, it closes the ear - pulling the whole clamp tight.

I made the mistake of buyng the real deal Oetiker tool from ebay for around $60-odd, but Keg King sell 'em for $20, although the bloke there reckons you can get by with normal wire cutters, pincing both sides.

I'd just buy the Keg King crimper... piece of piss mate, you just put the crimper over the top of the ear and squeeze, it closes the ear - pulling the whole clamp tight.

I use a nail pincers (like -> http://www.guangdacorp.com/product_list.as...=94&id=307)

Latest posts

Back